wireless charger duo blinking red and not charging

Constellation

Re: wireless charger duo blinking red and not charging

Press home the USB cable to the dock firmly.

If it is only half way in, it will flash the two red led's

Astronaut

Make sure you use the charging cube that came with the duo Charger. I accidently switched the duo cube with a regular Samsung cube and it caused that same issue with the blinking red lights.

Cosmic Ray

@SamsungJace wrote:

Just to confirm, do you have the wireless charger plugged in to it's charger properly?

Hi SamsungRondo,

I too now have this issue also. 

The Dual Wireless Charger came with my Galaxy Watch on October 4 & had been working flawlessly since.

Then, I had an instance on Friday where I put my Note 9 on the Dual Wireless Charger at 25% & left it for about an hour or so. I returned to find it had not charged but had dropped to 23%? I just assumed I had it placed incorrectly & used the Type C Charger that came with the Note 9. In the meantime, on the other side of the DWC my Gear S3 Classic was charging fine?

Late Saturday night I removed the S3 Classic & it was fine at 100%.

Then last night, my Girlfriend put her S9+ on the Duo & it confirms it is charging for 2 seconds, then the phone says "Wireless Charging Paused" & the red LED Indicator light blinks 5 times. I tried my Note 9 & it did the same thing? I am familiar with this occurrence as my S3 Chargers have done it frequently from time to time so I did the same thing I usually do with them, I turned it off & on again, still; it wouldn't work?

I remembered that the S3 Classic was charging fine when I had the issue on Friday so I tried the smaller charging pad & it did the exact same thing... Red LED blinks 5 times, no charge.

I made sure I am using the power brick that came with the Duo, it is plugged in properly, I turned it off & on multiple times, I unplugged it from both the power brick & charger multiple times,  I rebooted & turned off/on mine & my Girlfriends phones, I even tried putting my Galaxy Watch, S3 Classic & S3 Frontier on it but by this stage it would just flash the red LED 5 times, refusing to even charge for a second? I even tried my old S7 Edge with no success!

So now I have both pads behaving in the same manner. It doesn't matter what device you put on it now, the LED blinks 5 times & nothing happens, no charge is recieved?

Any suggestions you may have to remedy the situation would be greatly appreciated.

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried using a different wall outlet? When was the duo charger purchased?

Cosmic Ray

@SamsungGill wrote:

Have you tried using a different wall outlet? When was the duo charger purchased?

Thanks for your response. 

I have just tried 2 different outlets with no success. We had a thunderstorm here Saturday evening so I thought it may have been shorted as a result but both the outlet it was plugged into & the power brick on it's own are working fine. I tested the Note 9's in box charger in the outlet & tried the Dual Wireless Chargers power brick & lead on my Note 9 & both worked fine?

It was purchased on the 3rd of October as a bonus with the Galaxy Watch Pre Order. I recieved it & subsequently started using it on the 5th October. As mentioned it was working perfectly fine until Sunday night so I'm rather confused as to what the issue may be?

There is obviously still power getting to the unit so I don't know...?

P.s- I just realized the heading said " Wireless Charger Duo" when in fact my issue is with the "Dual Wireless Charger" that was released with the Galaxy Watch/Note 9? 

I'm not 100% sure but I think they are different products, if that makes a difference?

Samsung Moderator

Can I get your full model code and serial number via private message?

Constellation

Is this a common issue with these duo chargers? Mine worked perfect for the first week, now into my second week its drained my samsung galaxy watch battery about 3 times while it's meant to have been charging it. So I've had to use the charging stand that came with the watch while the duo charges my phone fine every time 🤔

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

I got my bundle pack yesterday(05 Nov 2018). Everything is working except for the wireless charger. I went back where I bought it (etisalat al Wanda,Abu Dhabi,UAE) they instructed me to go to Samsung service centre which I did.then the staff told me they only repair unit(phones) not accessories. I called etisalat customer care and spoke to the supervisor (Mr. Vinaj) he explained to me that it is Samsung's responsibility, then I let etisalat supervisor speak with the samsungs customer service centre staff(location: defense road,Abu Dhabi,UAE). Both are pointing at each other. So I went again to etisalat branch where I got the unit and the duty manager called Samsung customer care. He also got the same answer. So he just gave me a handshake and said,

"I'm sorry Sir there is nothing we can do, please make a social media blog about this or make a complaint to samsung", then walk away.

Now please tell me what should I do now. I am paying for a unit which is not working.  feel free to email me or reply with your contact no. Here I will call you. 

Samsung Moderator

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Hi all,

my duo charger charges the my phone perfectly, any orientation and on either pad, however, when I put my Gear S3 on the pad it doesn't seem to reccognise it?

I tried moving it around various ways and sometimes it would try to charge and then drop out.

The design of the horizontal pad has a recess which I assume is to allow for the shape of the watch, the parts of the watch where the strap connects are lower than the back of the watch, I tried pressing the watch with very light force onto this recessed pad and it worked, charged the watch, but it is very delecate, if you move the watch it stops charging, it is as if the charging field is very weak although it will charge the phone with no issues?

Any ideas? There are no protective covers on either device or charger and all plastic has been removed.

Cheers,

Richie.