wireless charger duo blinking red and not charging

Constellation

Re: wireless charger duo blinking red and not charging

Hi there,

I don't know the law where you are, but, in Europe your contract is with the shop or wherever you made the purchase, they are obliged to replace or refund you.

The shop has the contract with Samsung so they need to take up the issue of the defective product with Samsung directly - nothing to do with the customer.

Richie.
Constellation

Purchased my duo directly from Samsung.  It worked more or less in the beginning but now only blinks red after the initial startup.  I have tried multiple adapters including the Samsung fast charger and a dozen different cables to no avail so it looks like I have a $100+ paperweight. 

Samsung Moderator

Hi there @userH3RoHurnAu, would you mind sending us a private message here with the full model code of the charger as well as the serial number?

Astronaut

I have the same issue. I’ve unplugged, replugged, checked the cables. Still doesn’t work. Won’t charge and light flashes red. These things are pretty expensive to only last a couple months. Bummer 

Astronaut

It happened to me also - red light blinking (on single wireless charger version for Note 8)

Proved to be a wall outlet issue although that Philips charger it used to work for 2 months without problems. Switched with the original Samsung charger and seems to be ok for the moment at least.

Astronaut

I am having the same problem ... so disappointing! 

Samsung Moderator

@userLVu3eEro7T Are you getting the same lights blinking? Have you added any new case on your Phone or Watch that may limit charging capabilities? 

Constellation

Hello. My samsung wireless charger also blinks red a lot. Sometimes when I remove my phone from it, it will begin blinking red and I will not be able to put my phone back on the charger again, I have to cut the power to the charger, then turn it back on. I know it is not my phone or case because I have an identical wireless charger at home and I do not have as many issues. One charger was purchased from BHPHOTO and the other from samsung.com.
Samsung Moderator

Sounds like the charger will require service. I need you to send me a private message using this link here. In the message, I need you to provide the following information.

Full Name

Physical address

Email address

Best contact phone number

Place of purchase

Constellation

The same is happening to me.

I've read thru all the posts and everyone has the same problem, blinking red lights.

The problem seems to be with the chargers not the outlets or the cords or the charger packs. I'm not expert but if everyone on here is having the same issue and are from different parts of the world, then the problem is the charging pads. There was a breakdown in the QC at samsung and it needs to be corrected and made right.