JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

2 Questions about the Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
hunnu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi guys.. I got 2 questions about the note 20 ultra before I decide to buy it...

What version is USA version?

If I get one with bootloader version 1 and upgrade to android 13 or 14, will the bootloader be upgraded to a higher version too? Would I lose root ability?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@hunnu FYI, the Note 20 Ultra was released almost 4 years ago. The US carrier models are SM-N986U. The US unlocked models are SM-N986U1. 

There is an S20 Ultra which was released more than 4 years ago. The US carrier models are SM-N988U. The US unlocked models are SM-N988U1. 

These devices never had root capability. 

[Edit] Corrected my post above. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@hunnu FYI, the Note 20 Ultra was released almost 4 years ago. The US carrier models are SM-N986U. The US unlocked models are SM-N986U1. 

There is an S20 Ultra which was released more than 4 years ago. The US carrier models are SM-N988U. The US unlocked models are SM-N988U1. 

These devices never had root capability. 

[Edit] Corrected my post above. 

0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
There was a note 20 and a note 20 ultra
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The note 20 Ultra cannot upgrade to android 14, it's been relegated to security upgrades since it was released before samsungs security policy change. If it did, it would probably break android 13 methods of rooting, yes.