Original topic:

2021 May/June Faulty Software Update

(Topic created: 06-12-2021 12:02 AM)
userY8JYohtM6H
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

(I received notice June 10th, and updated June 11th.) This latest software update (n960usqu8fue1) for my Galaxy Note9 told me I had changed my SIM card (not true) and needed to restart my phone to access my "new service provider."  I was forced to do a restart. I couldn't exit out of the screen. I tried powering off and removing and replacing my SIM card. The screen remained in place until I did a restart. A few AT&T apps then appeared. I use Cricket and do not wish for anything to disrupt the unbeatable and no longer offered plan I have. I also received SEVERAL!!! unwanted game and news apps! I was able to delete these apps but could only "force stop" and/or disable the AT&T apps. I now also have a header in my settings menu that tells me "A software update is available." That's what got me into this mess in the first place. I have also checked for software updates to verify there are no further updates. I can press X to make this temporarily disappear, but it returns as I move around or in and out of the settings menu. It was my understanding that this unsolicited update was supposed to be a patch for fixing bugs. I didn't have any bugs until after the update. I looked before the update and had Android version Q. Now it tells me I have 10. I believe they are the same, being identified as Q in it's earliest release - except for the updated bug fixes I suppose. I'm really very unhappy with what just happened to my phone and hope a fix will come out soon. I also hope this is a glitch that doesn't actually mess with my service provider. In all fairness I do have a phone that was supposed to be completely unlocked that would bring up an attempt to activate OMADM whenever restarted, which I believe is a Sprint thing. I would deactivate this each time. In all the time I've owned this phone I've never had an update (been through quite a few) try to tell me that my SIM card or my service provider had changed, but I wonder if this could have had something to do with it? Still, it has never caused complications previously. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Smew
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you tried contacting your carrier? They are the ones that push the updates. You can also try submitting an error report through the Samsung Members app! 

0 Likes