JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

4 issues with the Note 9.

(Topic created on: 8/30/18 3:05 AM)
userz7zJjaKPdw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

1. The Note 9 corrupted my 256GB SD card. Unlocked 512GB phone from Best Buy. They took the SD card out of my S8+  and put it in the Note 9. Worked fine for a day. All of a sudden s tree arted getting an error message that appears randomly throught the day. "The SD card has a read/write error. If the error persits, the card may be corrupted and will need to be reformatted. I explored the individual photo and video files and found a bunch that were no longer viewable and couldn't be copied or moved  onto internal storage or back into my old phone or onto a computer. Files permanently damaged. Apparently this has also been an issue for the last 5 months with the S9 series with Samsung refusing to fix the issue or acknowledge the problem

2. Took a great picture of themoon under

Auto settings thst looked like a DSLR camera. The next night attempted to take a similar shot at the same time ,same location and cannot get it to focus. Even tried the pro settings without luck.

3. Was specifically told by the Best Buy salesperson that any chargers with the USB C port would work with the Note 9, so I didnt buy additional chargers for work. Plugged it in to my S8+  charger. It  says phone will take 7.5 hours to charge. Works fine with the Note 9 charger that came with the phone. 

4. Cannot turn off  Facebook notification sounds . All my notification sounds are turned to mute, but I still get loud FB notifications. Can someone from Samsung respond to these issues with a 3 day oold phone that costs $1,200?

0 Likes
26 Replies
userz7zJjaKPdw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am just getting the run around from Samsung.  SD support says they cant help because it is not a Samsung file. It's a phone issue 

0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

To be honest it's probably a lost cause to try to get those corrupted files back. If I were you I'd just get it into a computer and save whatever else I can, then format the card in the phone. In fact I did exactly that after reading your post, just in case. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
0 Likes
userz7zJjaKPdw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I just transferred everything I could to internal storage on the phone.  I'm obviously  unhappy about losing some of those files but more concerned  about what happens in the future. Will the same thing happen to additional files when I upgrade the phone the next time? Will  i be able to use expandable memory or am I going to have to save everything to internal storage.

0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You can use a memory card, it is recommended to format a card everytime you insert it into a new phone though, I forgot where I saw it, but now I remember seeing it stated somewhere. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
0 Likes
userYpMLXaDHxT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am experiencing the same proble with pictures.  I had a S7 Edge and moved the 64Gb Card to a Note 9.  Just unplugged the SD card and moved it.  All looked well and then over the next several days I noticed I was missing some pictures.  Since then I have noticed I have A LOT of corrupted pictures.

I purchased a 256Gb Card formatted and installed it and then copied over my pictures from the 64Gb SD Card.  Have LOTS of corrupted pictures.  Over time it appears like more and more pictures are becoming corrupted.

Any advice would help.

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I recommend contacting our Memory Support Team for further troubleshooting. Please either email support@totalts.com or call 1-800-Samsung and choose option 7 for SD support. The SD support team is available M-F 9 AM - 9 PM.  Also, for best performance be sure to always use a class 10 or higher SD card with your Galaxy Note 9. Older SD cards may not work as well with a newer flagship device. Older model SD cards can cause freezes, malfunctions, and it can cause your phone to reboot.

0 Likes
user6HA6VwKlSv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If the photos/files are that valuable to you, why haven't you backed them up, copied them off somewhere, and are entrusting them to be stored on a device that could be stolen, get lost, or get damaged in such a way that somehow the microSD card (which isn't the most stable media to begin with) fails to operate?

I have owned several phones by Samsung and this is my second Note (never had a corruption issue such as this - knocking on melamine covered particle board).  I always handle the microSD card myself as I would never trust a store clerk to handle moving the contents of my wallet to a new wallet.  Here's the steps I take (probably means nothing to you now):

1. Remove microSD card from old phone, copy all content I want to save (especially photos).  Leave microSD card at home so as I don't lose it.

2. Take phone in for promotion or just go buy the new phone.

3. Put in microSD once I get the new phone home, format it, copy photos/videos to new phone now since I know the microSD should be stable and I have the backup on my computer regardless.

0 Likes