JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ATT Note 9 doesn't get updates anymore

(Topic created: 04-21-2019 10:08 PM)
userUvXyCnXhQw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My ATT Note 9 got the PIE update in January, but since then, it hasn't had a single update. 

Since then I've traveled a few times internationally, and put in a Fi chip... I wonder if something in the update system got broken? 

I've tried forcing updates, and I've tried wiping cache partition, and I've tried everything else I can imagine. NOTHING works!  

I'm stuck on the January 1 security patch level. ATT says, "Talk to Samsung."

Samsung?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userUvXyCnXhQw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I don't understand how there's so much mis-information about updates. I call ATT they say, only Samsung can push an update. Samsung says only ATT can push an update. ATT SAYS NO. Only Samsung.  I call Samsung, they cannot even tell me what the latest update for my Samsung phone SHOULD be. 

HOW DOES NO BODY KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON????

THIS SYSTEM IS SO BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!

View solution in context

8 Replies
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Try installing smart switch on a computer and your phone and they to see if you can update that way you might need to call at&t I've heard they can push a update 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless
0 Likes
userUvXyCnXhQw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks, I tried smart switch, that also says I'm up to date, oddly.  Att said I should "call Samsung"....

I feel like I'm stuck between two support companies....

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Or give it some time. I got my initial update from AT&T in February.  I got my security update just a few days ago. They send it out in waves. 

0 Likes
Solution
userUvXyCnXhQw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I don't understand how there's so much mis-information about updates. I call ATT they say, only Samsung can push an update. Samsung says only ATT can push an update. ATT SAYS NO. Only Samsung.  I call Samsung, they cannot even tell me what the latest update for my Samsung phone SHOULD be. 

HOW DOES NO BODY KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON????

THIS SYSTEM IS SO BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!

View solution in context

Willydoo530
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My Att Samsung s8+ is also having an update issue. It won't update to pie, and just sais that it's all up to date EVEN THOUGH the Att website says it's running pie

0 Likes
userkiFeC3RFhs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have note 9 branded att on cricket since September 2018 still have security patch from september and running oreo 8.2 that cam on device. I have not received one update of any kind. Any thoughts on this??

0 Likes
userUvXyCnXhQw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Cricket has not ever given out updates, that I'm aware of. That's why I switched to ATT Prepaid.

You could borrow someone's ATT sim card, and get the updates that way. You could also put in a T MObile sim card, it will switch to TMobile, get the updates from T Mobile, then put your Cricket sim card in again, and it will switch back to Crickett.

There are other ways too, but you have to really be comfortable with some techniques that if done wrong, could cause damage. Not recommended for the faint of heart.

Best option is to either switch to ATT Prepaid, or borrow someone else's sim...

user3olCsV9wKx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have 2 note 9s and one of them got the new android 10 update which is from tmobile and the other one hasn't which is from at... yea....... LIKE  WHY IS THIS HAPPENING NOT EVEN APPLE DOES THIS I EXPECTED BETTER BUT I GUESS I HAVE TO SWITCH CARRIERS EVERY  TIME FOR THE NEW UPDATE OR EVEN BETTER JUST GET AN IPHONE AND THIS WOULD NEVER EVEN BE  PROBLEM. SAMSUNG FIX THIS

0 Likes