Original topic:

Accidental touch protection too sensetive

(Topic created: 11-07-2021 12:08 PM)
Nick4869
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have a factory unlocked Galaxy Note 10+. As of recent I've noticed that the accidental touch protection has been way too sensetive. The lighting in my normal environment hasn't really changed lately. The light is dim but it never triggered the protection feature as often as it has lately. Maybe once in a blue moon but now it's doing it every time I wanna unlock my phone. The only solution I could think of is to turn it off and having it on isn't really a necessity now as I switched from carrying my phone in my pocket to using a case and belt clip but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I can't pinpoint an exact date when this started but my most recent update was on September 23 and I can't recall having this issue before that time. My carrier is tracfone and they are terrible at releasing updates so I've yet to receive the October 2021 update. 
0 Likes
1 Reply
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My S9+ was finicky with this as well. Just keep the proximity sensor clean and don't turn the screen on too quickly after taking it out a dark area.

If all else fails just turn in off, you stated you use a clip for your device.