JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Advanced messaging note 10 plus not working on Verizon

(Topic created: 09-12-2021 03:35 PM)
Honie23
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I updated my phone last week and received this message when trying to use the advanced messaging. I was wondering if anybody else has encountered this. Verizon says it's not available for the note 10 plus just yet. Just want to know if it works on anyone elses phone

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I can see how this issue can be frustrating. I would recommend reaching out to your service provider because advancing messaging is a carrier feature. So to resolve it you will need to reach back to your service provider for a solution. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
30 Replies
KryptonianNote
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same problem.... And I can't find any answers, the more I have to deal with this the more I consider switching to iphone.... not because the phone is better but just to make a point about how ridiculous it is that Samsung and service providers can't fix this problem in 2021.

Honie23
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I hate that they sent out an update that we can't even use, that's what upsets me. They're still gonna hear my wrath until it's fixed
Wiscoguy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I agree
Xzibit25us
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Looking for a solution as well. Ive never used the default text app. Ive always preferred google messaging because the advanced chat features and other better features. but now that Samsung has its own advanced features and the update was nice I wanted to use it only to find out it wont let me smh! If I cant find a solution ill stick to google messages or wait a few more weeks for the new One UI 4 and android 12 update the note 10 is suppose to get. I'm sure there will be some changes when that rolls out. still I wish I could use the update. Curious, I have Verizon. Do any of you have Verizon as well. I'm trying to make sure its not a Verizon issue instead.

0 Likes
Honie23
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I've never used Google messages, it's too plain for me. But I have Verizon and I've cussed them out to much this week for them to tell me, that the advanced messaging feature isn't compatible with the note 10 plus. But I'm constantly trying to see if it works and still nothing. I'm hoping it gets fixed somehow
0 Likes
userDSJC84bYAn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I updated my Note 10+ and receiving the same error (Oops. Looks like something went wrong...).  I cannot use Advanced Messaging.  Verizon tier 2 contacted Samsung for me.  The VZW rep said she spoke to the app developers at Samsung and they were not even aware of this issue.  VZW rep said Samsung said to clear cache, and if that doesn't work, factory reset the device.  Seriously???  All of it hard to believe!  In the end, the VZW rep said wait a few days and try again.  Really?  WOW!  Hopefully there will be a fix soon.  

I don't understand why Advanced Messaging issues are affecting the Note 10+ devices only.  Are other devices affected?

This link below is the Verizon community discussion on Advanced Messaging not working on the Note 10+ devices.  

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-Note/Advanced-messaging-for-Note-10-not-working-afte...

Honie23
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I don't know why its affecting the note series..I was with someone who has the s10 and they're also with Verizon too and they have advanced messaging. I received an update last night thinking it was to fix the issue, but no it didn't. I hate that they sent out something that us note 10 users can't use 😒
Wiscoguy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I think they are trying to get us to upgrade our phone! Lol.
Honie23
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Right! I've only had my phone for a year! I was excited to use that feature, but can't, I was very disappointed