JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

After latest update my note 10 screen flashes.

(Topic created: 09-17-2021 08:47 AM)
userCsf8cgoRPF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Flashes randomly like it's doing a screen capture. Have tried powering off, brightness controls and developer mode changes with no luck. 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lostinmygarden
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Possible fix I discovered 

Tried to post here before, trying again. I located the cause for me and posted to Reddit, seems to work for everyone so far.

For me, it was the Samsung messages app for SMS. Turn off "appear on top", that stopped it causing the issue

View solution in context

5 Replies
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, I am sorry to hear you are having this experience, and can understand the frustration. The first thing to do is to inspect the device for any damages, as that can result in such display issues (especially after dropping or cracking the device). Also, inspect the device for water damage with these steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001077/

The next thing to try is disabling or adjusting Adaptive Brightness, which can be done via Settings > Display > switching toggle on Adaptive Brightness (if this mainly occurs on a dimmer setting, try adjusting the Brightness bar slider).

Should that not resolve it, you can try using the device in Safe Mode, which can help determine if a third-party application might be the cause. The steps to do so are here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Finally, if those do not help, you can try wiping your device's cache partition:

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Please let me know fi this helps.

0 Likes
Alfa_Addict
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I just had a security update on the 24th. Check to see if you can update yours. Hopefully that resolves your issue. Note 10+ Unlocked on VERIZON.Screenshot_20210925-105340_Software update.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
Lostinmygarden
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Possible fix I discovered 

Tried to post here before, trying again. I located the cause for me and posted to Reddit, seems to work for everyone so far.

For me, it was the Samsung messages app for SMS. Turn off "appear on top", that stopped it causing the issue

userA1yBBXUT4R
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks for the hint. I've been having the 6 minute blink on my S20+ as well - just turned off the Messages On Top and waiting to see if it blinks again.

Thought I was going to warranty it...

Cheers!

0 Likes
userA1yBBXUT4R
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

OK that seems to have worked. No more blinks! Thanks!

0 Likes