Original topic:

After updating Gallery app, screenshots disappeared Note 10+?

(Topic created: 01-29-2024 08:32 AM)
420bunny
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

After updating my phones Gallery app to v14.5.04.4 I noticed a problem with screenshots that is now gone or removed but that is actually needed for some of us anyway.

Before when u took a screenshot the upper part of the screen where the current time, notification icons pending, then the items on the right side of that same bar up top that has ur mobile hotspot indicator, ur current signal strength with bars & if enabled ur current battery percentage left or remaining is now missing in our acreenshots. I use this or need this occassionally to prove things like my current signal strength in bars not exact measurement in dbm etc. But I also need to occasionally show either my notifications up there in a screenshot or even my current timestamp especially since images in general do not save or show an original date/time stamp of its orig creation point & only a modified date/time stamp instead.

Before when u took a screenshot this upper bar would be cutoff in the image by default when u would go to edit the image however the option to include the upper bar portion of the image would be avail in the crop settings so after selecting crop, I could essentially drag the handles of the image to include the upper section with the battery percentage time etc and now it's just not an option anymore. It's been completely removed and now I cannot include this or it is not being captured as part of the initial capture of the screen. That is terribly inconvenient & I'm hoping it can be put back like it used to be since taking a screenshot of ur visible screen or display technically is part of this or it tech should b incl cuz after all its what is visibly showing when u take a screenshot. 

Also, to exclude this automatically without an option to include this makes zero sense cuz it is essentially is after all a very real part of ur visible screen at the time so it should tech be incl not excl as an option at the very least like before. It's what an end user would assume they r capturing at that time. Not incl makes zero sense considering the actual action it performing by definition. Basically, an end user would assume they are capturing that part of their screen I mean when using the feature so excl is not at all what ppl think they are tech getting when using the feature by definition if that makes sense. So not incl this at all doesn't make any sense if that makes any sense how I explained it. Lol 

Hope it makes sense. If not holler. 

Note 10 Plus 5G
Device SM-N976U
Android v12
2 Replies
420bunny
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
See attached1706546210521.jpg1706546310040.jpg
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@420bunny There is an option to hide/show this information in a screenshot. Check to see if you have it disabled.

1. Open phone settings
  2. Click on Advanced features
  3. Click on Screenshots and screen recordings
  4. Disable the option Hide status and navigation bars

Note that even if you have this option disabled, the default view at screenshot toolbar does not show them. If you don't edit here and you let it go to Gallery, it will have those items. OR if you drag the top selection corners up you will see those items in this edit view.