JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not able to dismiss/snooze alarm clock with a single tap of the screen after update

(Topic created: 04-30-2019 05:17 PM)
Lovelist
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

With this new update, I've learned that you can't dismiss or cancel the alarm with just a take of the screen. You have to hit the power button and deal with a constant reminder before going in and disarming it completely. Why? What happened to a simple tap of the screen? I've tried everything

JUMP TO SOLUTION
15 Replies
userm5vEJahiES
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same problem, my phone just updated yesterday and now i can not switch off my alarm or snooze it from the lock screen. I have to unlock my phone and actually go into the alarm app and then the button only pops up that i can slide to turn off or snooze the alarm. Please fix this as this is very frustrating!!

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userm5vEJahiES Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usere9qGmaePse
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since the last update on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9, I have Lost the “dismiss” button on my Alarm. The “always-on” display no longer works either, even though turned on in the drop-down menú (found by sliding finger down screen.) The Alarm goes off, the screen is black, nothing to Press or slide, and the only way to turn it off is to power off the phone, then tediously turn it back on again.

Samsung: If you are listening/watching, how about forgetting the stupid annual “new-phone” commercial race, and focussing on getting the existing phones out of the beta testing stage and make them reliable again. The bigger the Number you add to your new annual phones, the less reliable they are, and the more complaints appear in how-to-fix posts. Get back to basics!!

userdkyeqQhk6o
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

this is the same problem I am having. No dismiss or snooze option appears on the touch screen. I know what you are referring to when you say to slide the snooze because that feature was on my last Samsung pjone. I wish that would show up! The problem is that nothing shows up on the screen  to shut it off. I set my alarm very loud to wake myself (otherwise I sleep through it) but by the time I get the lock screen open, hit the clock icon then the correct clock title most of the house has been woken up. This is very frustrating and a definite "making me hate my S20+ phone. It's good to hear someone else has had this problem though. There is no feature in the settings to correct this problem either (that I have been able to find that is)

0 Likes
userv1oG9MGSSY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, I had this same problem and I found an answer that worked for me on my S20 Ultra:

Settings -> Accessibility -> Interaction and dexterity  -> Assistant menu -> Single tap to swipe [on] . 

Hope that helps!

0 Likes
userT2RYsd2Vdz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My snooze has been set for 10 min, 3 times for years.  Recently I have lost the option to snooze, can only dismiss.  I have cleared my cache and restarted the phone (Samsung Note 8).  Still no snooze.... no snooze??  Kill me now!!

0 Likes