Original topic:

Allow Background Data Use enabled by default on all apps

(Topic created: 04-03-2024 08:21 AM)
420bunny
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mornin' y'all! Hope ur days goin absolutely splendid so far but I was hoping u could help me... 

For some reason every app that I install has the app setting enabled by default to:

ALLOW BACKGROUND DATA USEAGE 
(screenshots attached)

How do I change this globally on my device or at least change the default settings to disable this option by default. I do NOT need a bunch of apps, games n things doing whatever they want in the background essentially killing any battery life I may still have on this old but trusty Note 10 of mine.

Any idea how one can achieve this specifically in Android 12 pmaybw that could care to share it with me? Id greatly appreciate it!!

3 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Have you tried turning on Data saver in Settings>Connections>Data usage? This should prevent apps from using background data.
420bunny
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'll give u this, that's a **bleep** idea if i didn't have unlimited data currently Ong my mobile plan given the little I know about the setting in general I believe when using it, there are some othercanges to certain behavior I problt would not want that comes with that setting being enabled. Since I have unlimited at the moment, doing it manually myself vs changing this globally possibly affecting other settings not so great. I don't know a ton about it but do remember that it's supposed to cut certain services completely from happening as well as not allowing things like the background synching n so forth but I'd have to check it out & actually will sometime or when I'm sitting here with a limited data plan which is quite possible so I do appreciate this info btw. I just wouldn't have considered it even as obv as it seems now lol so ty to both of u that mentioned it. I was hoping for the actual setting tho some place to change glovally on my device instead & if there isn't one that seems really crazy not have that for folks. It kinda reminds me a whole lot of the missing setting on this thing that actually shows u easily which apps r on internal & which r sdcard to move those necessary to sdcard. I'm literally doing that fun stuff for each one manually & after 3 yrs I still haven't finished it but I do it when I'm bored etc haha
0 Likes
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have data saver option on my phone and don't have this issue.
0 Likes