cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Always On Display Prevents "OK Google" command from working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am writing because it seems like my OK google screen will work from any screen including my lock screen, but will not work when the "Always on Display" is active.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there any way to correct this that I'm overlooking?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Always On Display Prevents "OK Google" command from working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for that information folks.

I looked into this a bit further for you. It does appear that the "OK Google" feature will not work when the Always on Display is also on. It seems it was changed in an update several months back. I would be more than glad to pass along the feedback about this and maybe they can be changed to work at the same time in the future.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue. Does anyone have any ideas on how to rectify this issue? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am wondering the same thing. "Hi Galaxy" works when the screen is off (sort of) but I can't get "Hey google" to wake it up.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello and welcome to the Samsung Community. We're glad you're here.
To better allow us and the community to assist you both now and in the future can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things like the exact model number and Baseband (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier, when you started noticing this happen, and what you've already tried to fix it. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model # is: SM-N930V

Baseband: N930VVRS2APHE

Verizon phone. This hasnt worked since I first got the phone, to my knowledge. I can get the Ok Google to respond in any screen EXCEPT when the always in display is active. 

Any help or advice you can give would be appreciated. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model # is: SM-G891A

Baseband: G891AUCS2API2

AT&T phone. This hasn't worked since I first got the phone. I can get the Ok Google to respond in any screen except when the always in display is active. All voice detection options for Google are turned on. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for that information folks.

I looked into this a bit further for you. It does appear that the "OK Google" feature will not work when the Always on Display is also on. It seems it was changed in an update several months back. I would be more than glad to pass along the feedback about this and maybe they can be changed to work at the same time in the future.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there actually an answer to this? Cause this still has not been fixed. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree. I think AOD should count as the display being on and it should allow "OK Google" to function. This should be a fix to get implemented sooner than later!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a big set back. We need the ability to use Ok Google from lock screen. Bixby works but I prefer to use Ok Google. Please pass this information on and add as a future update to AOD. There are tons of people discussing this in other forums. Thanks Samsung!