cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ozaustin
Cosmic Ray

(Android 10)

Does anyone know then Samsung is getting android 10

It just came out for the pixel phones . I am Aware Samsung is slow with updates. Also wanted to know if the s8 or note 8 will be getting the update

7 REPLIES 7
Neutron Star

Re: (Android 10)

@Ozaustin wrote:

Does anyone know then Samsung is getting android 10

It just came out for the pixel phones . I am Aware Samsung is slow with updates. Also wanted to know if the s8 or note 8 will be getting the update

1) Closer to end of this year, is the realistic...knowing Samsung's track record. Also some regions get it earlier, others later.

2) As for S8 that is less likely(my opinion), unless samsung completed all updates to s9, s10 and Note10 and will have free time on their hands and would want to spend $ for developing, testing.  Even if it will, I don't know if carriers have a saying in this too

userybRWzXuqVu
Constellation

Re: (Android 10)

We will be getting a beta program release this month to test it out. But Google phones always get it before anyone else no matter what 

WUJUDUNIQUE
Constellation

ANDROID 10

As Google officially announced the release of Android 10 to all its pixel phones, we may need to know the duration within which Samsung may unleash it for us and the possible phones to be enrolled. Remember, other phone brands are enrolling almost all of their devices.

Highlighted
Neutron Star

Re: ANDROID 10

@WUJUDUNIQUE wrote:

As Google officially announced the release of Android 10 to all its pixel phones, we may need to know the duration within which Samsung may unleash it for us and the possible phones to be enrolled. Remember, other phone brands are enrolling almost all of their devices.

My Pixel 2 received Android 10 update this morning! Smiley Happy  As for Samsung...it depends on the model you have, but IF Samsung decides to start beta testing, then November/December, but the release might go into 2020.  Of course I hope that the release comes before the end of 2019

WUJUDUNIQUE
Constellation

Ok... We shall await for the beta turn as I am eager to f...

Ok...

We shall await for the beta turn as I am eager to feel the changes promised

userUhLI8DLppH
Cosmic Ray

Samsung users have to wait a lot for an OS update. Find here the expected release date for various Samsung devices based on the previous rollouts (Pie and Oreo).

But given the leak of S10 Plus running Android 10 based One UI 2.0, and that T-Mobile has already received a test build from Samsung for S10 and Note 10, times could be changing.

We may see Samsung release Android 10 beta update for the Note 10 and S10 in September itself, at least for the global models.

userybRWzXuqVu
Constellation

We should be get the beta program for the note 10s and s10 series phones this month. They release a statement sometime last week about it