Original topic:

Android Beta Problem

(Topic created: 02-04-2021 05:51 PM)
pixel000
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
A while ago, I downloaded and installed the android 10 beta update from the Samsung Members app. However i did not realize that an official update rolled out and that I would not be able to download and install the official android 10 update through conventional means. I've heard of installing the official android 10 update through flashing the device with the new software update with a computer but that seems a little sketchy to me and I was wondering if there was any other way to obtain and install android 10 update.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ekamek
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If talking about Note 9, the official Android 10 firmware came out months ago. If your device is still on the beta firmware, go to the members app, select hamburger menu bars, then click on the gear (setting) icon and disenroll from the program. Once out of the program and phone connected to Wi-Fi, go to phone settings >software update> select Download and install to check for updates. You will not get any updates if your phone and SIM are not from the same carrier unless unlocked or from T-Mobile. Ensure you backup your data before the updates install. You'll get quite a few so be patient and have popcorn handy. Good luck.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Ekamek
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If talking about Note 9, the official Android 10 firmware came out months ago. If your device is still on the beta firmware, go to the members app, select hamburger menu bars, then click on the gear (setting) icon and disenroll from the program. Once out of the program and phone connected to Wi-Fi, go to phone settings >software update> select Download and install to check for updates. You will not get any updates if your phone and SIM are not from the same carrier unless unlocked or from T-Mobile. Ensure you backup your data before the updates install. You'll get quite a few so be patient and have popcorn handy. Good luck.

View solution in context