So I still have a glalcy note 8 are there going to be any more updates for it 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Paul1961
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
According to Samsung the Note 8 is currently receiving quarterly updates, depending on your carrier.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You can check for updates manually by opening your Settings and scrolling down to Software Updates or go to About Phone> Software Updates> Check for Updates.
FBIAGENTMOORE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Ok thanks I keep seeing tactically where there saying there are going to stop updating the soft wear some time after this year I guess
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes, it's possible. After a while, even if the device is still considered modern by our standards, it's not modern nor profitable enough for the company itself to continue working out every single last bug and keep sending out updates. This is the same thing that happened to old Windows operating systems like XP and 7.

The company wants to only pay expenses towards developing future technology and what is profitable in the now.

But there are groups and forums out there with people dedicated to certain platforms. Finding one specifically for the Note 8 may be difficult as it's a niche thing, but I'm sure there is a community out there on the internet for Note devices in general. ☮

0 Likes
Solution
Paul1961
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
According to Samsung the Note 8 is currently receiving quarterly updates, depending on your carrier.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Jw-83
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I read somewhere that there will not be anymore software operating system updates; however it may still receive security patch updates.
0 Likes