cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Anyone solved the keyboard cursor jumping back problem yet?

This problem started on my s8 after an update. Recently I bought a new note 10 and the problem still exist. Looks like Samsung has not came up with the solution for this problem and Samsung is ignoring this problem for over a year now. It is super annoying.  @Samsung Fix this problem! 

Has anyone found the solution for the keyboard cursor jumping backward to the beginning when you text?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Anyone solved the keyboard cursor jumping back problem yet?

Being a member of the samsung forums, for not even 2 hours now, ha REALLY REALLY made me realize how much samsung REALLY doesnt care about there customers and consumers opinions and problems. I see soo many problems n questions that are either unanswered or there answers r basically "o well too bad, cant do nothing about that"  it really makes me hate the company for not caring about what there customers want or think is best. I feel like every new feature orupdate just makes  the galaxy experience worse. Samsung has already lost a bunch of customers due to this and seems like they arent taking any steps or making any efforts to correct there ssues. There customer service is terrible and they don't care about what we want.

Highlighted
Product Expert

HI userdrvUg32Eo3

This is actually a feature on the Device to turn it off Follow this steps:

1. 1 Open the Settings app.
  2. Select General management.
  3. Then go to Language and input.
  4. Go to the On-screen keyboard option.
  5. Tap Samsung Keyboard.
  6. Select Smart typing.
  7.  Tap the Predictive text switch to turn predictive text on or off

Hope this information helps you out.

Highlighted

Thats not even what this post was about. I know what oredictive text is. This post was about the keyboard glitch that when im typing all of a sudden the cursor jumps back to the beginning of the txt/msg and starts typing in the original questionnbeginning. For instance i will be typing" hey how are"(cursor jumps to the beginning) "doing today hey how are" it took almost 2 months for  a samsung rep to reply with a completely wrong answer tht had nothing to with with 

Highlighted
Product Expert

I apololize i was suggestting this because sometimes when this feature is actived on the deivice this can happen and turning it off resolves it in some cases. If this doesnt fix your issue it seem you have a software related problem and would need to do a factory reset on the deivce in order to install a new OS

Highlighted
Product Expert

Here is a Video provided by samsung to do so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFwsKwnN-o8

Hope this was of better assistance, enjoy the rest of your day

In this video, we will walk you through each step of the process of removing your personal accounts and information and factory resetting your device. Whethe...
Highlighted

Yo this does not work and never has do you have another fix?