My phone not working good apps crashing can't open alot of them 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Go to the Google playstore and install all updates. Google has released updates for Chrome and Android System WebView that were the known issues for the app crashes that were plaguing Android phones yesterday. They released the updates this morning.

View solution in context

9 Replies
Solution
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Go to the Google playstore and install all updates. Google has released updates for Chrome and Android System WebView that were the known issues for the app crashes that were plaguing Android phones yesterday. They released the updates this morning.

CaribbeanLibra
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thank you so much for the information.
userdfUWbIsn3Q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I don't have the option of "install all updates" in Play Store on my Samsung Galaxy S7.  I can't update my WebView on the phone or in Play Store.  I removed and reinstalled Chrome, and that worked for a while (except for Gmail), but now the Samsung apps like memo are crashing.  Do you have any other suggested fixes?  

0 Likes
msladyp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
thank you šŸ˜Š
0 Likes
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

No problem, there was a temporary fix announced yesterday that was fixing the app crashes, but since Google just released a fix today, its just better to update to the new fix.

EbonyB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My playstore not working either

Screenshot_20210318-155934_Instagram_18631.jpg

0 Likes
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

hmm...now that's strange because the Playstore wasn't one of the apps affected by this app crashing bug. how about trying to clear the app cache and data for the Playstore app. 

Long press on the Google Playstore icon, tap the i in the right corner, tap on storage, then tap on clear cache and clear data. Then try opening the playstore app again.

bluice47
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Still crashing this morning. I can't uninstall, reinstall there's no option all Google apps continue to crash on my S10+
0 Likes
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Are you able to get into the Google play store? If you can, then tap the 3bars on top right side of the search bar to open the play store menu. Tap on my apps and games. There it will show you updates that are available for your apps. Look for Android System Webview and Chrome, update those 2 apps specifically because they're the cause for the crashing issues