Original topic:

App Redundancy

(Topic created: 10-13-2021 12:04 PM)
Gold_userL6
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Why has Samsung decided to double up on their apps? Is there a reason why Samsung has decided to create another application for their mobile devices that does the same thing as another app that is currently still being used. There is a difference between changing the name of an application and bloating our devices with unnecessary redundant applications. The newest ones I am noticing to download/update are the following APPS:

1. Android System Intelligence
2. Android Accessibility Suite
3. Device Health Services
4. Samsung Core Services
5. Device Health Services
6. Group Sharing
7. Private Share

There are more apps that are redundant in the list of apps but these are the ones I am noticing within the Google Play Store and the Samsung Store currently.
I can't speak for all Samsung and/or Android users but I would like an explanation for why there are so many stock apps that are doing the same thing based upon their explan

5 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I would venture to say Samsung wants their own, but they can't remove the Android ones as they are part of the platform?
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Correct
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The Android system apps are from Google including Device health, one important thing is that Samsung takes the Android operating system and tweaks it to run on Samsung devices more efficiently and provide more features, that is exactly what One UI 4.0 is
0 Likes
Gold_userL6
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I Agree, however that still does not explain the redundancy in so many apps. The ones that I listed in my original post were just the most recent apps I noticed to either need an update or install from one or both of the stores. Samsung seems to not stick with a lot of their proprietary features so why do they need their own version of these apps. All they are doing is bloating our devices with unnecessary software. Sometimes once these apps are installed they can not be uninstalled. Leaving useless apps on our devices.

Seems like Samsung need to create their own platform if they want to recreate the wheel.

TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
In fact, it is better to have Samsung make everything including the OS since since would be optimized
Similar to Apple and iOS