JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

App specific notification sounds aren't working

(Topic created: 05-03-2022 08:09 PM)
userNBDBDByg4l
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
All my phone notification sounds are the same. Apps like snapchat, life 360, MyQ and other all had there own specific notification sounds on my old Note 10 now all my notification sounds are the default notification sound and I can't figure out why. Please Help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I completely understand how frustrating this must be, not being able to determine which application you're receiving notifications from. These particular settings are based on the application. Not all applications will you be able to change the sound for, but there are some applications that allow you to change up the sound to something more personalized. 

The way to do this is, to go to Settings > Notifications > Click "More" under recently sent. > At the very top tap the drop-down > Select All 

SamsungJustin_0-1652125054480.png

From here you can select specific applications that you want to have the customized sound. 

(I chose Facebook in this instance)

SamsungJustin_1-1652125107192.png

Once an app is selected, select notification Categories

SamsungJustin_2-1652125132794.pngSamsungJustin_3-1652125180508.png

Scroll to the bottom and select "Device-level notifications"  - From here you can alter the sound of the notifications for that application. 

Just to reiterate, this option may not be available on all applications, Some applications do not allow alternation of notifications and may be set to only use the default setting. 

For additional information on cutomizing notifications, check out the following link:  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062618/

View solution in context

4 Replies
userNBDBDByg4l
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Change it to what?
0 Likes
user-654-786
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
there are many sound notifications some are there to ping devices i would suggest to go into notification setting and know what they are how they work silent and default vibration notifications getting notifications on silent they are all there for there own purpose
0 Likes
userNBDBDByg4l
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
But how do I get the app specific notification sounds back. For example snapchat used to have its own destinctive pop notification and it doesn't anymore
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I completely understand how frustrating this must be, not being able to determine which application you're receiving notifications from. These particular settings are based on the application. Not all applications will you be able to change the sound for, but there are some applications that allow you to change up the sound to something more personalized. 

The way to do this is, to go to Settings > Notifications > Click "More" under recently sent. > At the very top tap the drop-down > Select All 

SamsungJustin_0-1652125054480.png

From here you can select specific applications that you want to have the customized sound. 

(I chose Facebook in this instance)

SamsungJustin_1-1652125107192.png

Once an app is selected, select notification Categories

SamsungJustin_2-1652125132794.pngSamsungJustin_3-1652125180508.png

Scroll to the bottom and select "Device-level notifications"  - From here you can alter the sound of the notifications for that application. 

Just to reiterate, this option may not be available on all applications, Some applications do not allow alternation of notifications and may be set to only use the default setting. 

For additional information on cutomizing notifications, check out the following link:  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062618/