cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Apps/Bloatware

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I dislike most of the Samsung apps, and I  hope you will give us an option where we can remove Samsung apps. Why is there two app stores? I am pretty sure we all use Gmail, so why would we need Samsung Email? There's a lot of unesessary bloatware. I prefer to uninstall Facebook, not disable it. I would like to make this clear, I enjoy my Samsung phone.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Apps/Bloatware

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are Samsung specific apps such as Samsung E-mail, Samsung Browser, & a Samsung App Store in your device as not all regions rely on Google Services. You can always disable the apps you do not want in your app drawer. Go into your SETTINGS > APPS INFO > and from here you can Uninstaller or disable any applications you do not want to use.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are Samsung specific apps such as Samsung E-mail, Samsung Browser, & a Samsung App Store in your device as not all regions rely on Google Services. You can always disable the apps you do not want in your app drawer. Go into your SETTINGS > APPS INFO > and from here you can Uninstaller or disable any applications you do not want to use.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hate to tell you this but I don't use the GMail app, Samsung Email is much better. If you really want to know why there are two apps, direct your question to Google who requires GMail to be installed, amongst others
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Apps/Bloatware

JUMP TO SOLUTION
sorry to hear that.
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @Mykel 

Although you may be unable to uninstall some preloaded apps, you may be able to remove their shortcut. This causes them to hide from the home screen.

Remove shortcut

1. Swipe left or right to locate the app.
  2. Long touch the app until the following menu appears:
    • Select items
    • Remove from home
    • Disable
  3. Tap Remove from Home.
  4. The app is removed from the screen.

You can also uninstall app updates and turn off the auto-update feature for those using the App Manager.

---

Did this reply help? Let us know which step worked for you! Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution"  if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So basically if Samsung won't let you uninstall an app from one of the most corrupt company's in the word does that mean Samsung subscribes and accepts facebooks position to restrict free speech?