Original topic:

At&t Note 10+ Factory reset in my pocket,even wiped my SD card

(Topic created: 06-18-2021 05:36 PM)
Mike14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Got a system update this morning, installed it and everything seemed as usual. Went to work, checked my phone several times throughout the day, everything was as expected. Get in my car to leave work and  I retrieve my phone from my pocket. It's been factory reset as well as the language set to french, including apparently also wiping my SD card. I changed the language to English from the drop-down menu and continued going through the pages thinking this must be some to many unlock attempts (been getting that lockscreen mesg alot the past week) thing or something. Because you know, it requires a password or biometrics to be reset and wiped. I don't do a lot of factory resets but I do remember them requiring a password, fingerprint, something to ensure someone can't just pick up your phone and wipe all of your data. How is this possible? Now I'm frantically trying to figure out if I ever backed up all of the irreplaceable pics on my phone of those individuals I can't just take new ones of because they are no longer alive. I don't use cloud back up for images, I usually copy my phone a few times a year to one of my other memory cards/thumdrives, computers or external hardrives. I just did a quick Google search and saw multiple others currently complaining of the same issue. If your relying on the phones security to protect you from an accidental or someone else intentionally resetting it,....dont. I've noticed that in the past week I've pulled my phone out several times only to see the too many unsuccessful unlock attempts please enter password screen. Never used to get this. Had intended to lookup if there was a new bug but hadn't done it yet. I was still thinking maybe it was just a fluke. Now I'm wondering if it's connected. I've checked with Google and have no unauthorized logins or other security issues. Not sure if I should log back into my various accounts or not.  Although it seems unlikely that this is a hack I don't want to give the ***** access to anything else.

0 Likes
10 Replies
Sunkara999
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It's weird that the data got wiped off. Usually it asks for your password or biometric before wiping.
0 Likes
Mike14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
That was my understanding as well.
0 Likes
ABackwardsRT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Software glitch
0 Likes
Mike14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yeah you could call it that. I havent had time yet to see if i can recover any of my photo/video folders. Probably would have been best if i didnt actually setup and use the phone after it happened. But i didnt really have a choice, need it for work.
0 Likes
Jw-83
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Possible sim card hack
kkaornt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Change of number to
0 Likes
Jw-83
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If the number was changed, it definitely sounds like a sim card hack. Go to your carrier for more assistance.
0 Likes
kkaornt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
@Jw-83 account owner can call and have it done
0 Likes
Mike14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The number wasn't changed, doesnt appear to be any kind of hack. Apparently some kind of weird glitch.
0 Likes