JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Audio clipping and distortion in videos

(Topic created: 09-12-2019 06:37 PM)
fearlessdrummer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Forgive me. I dont know a whole lot about compressing/EQ'ing, or anything of that nature, even though I'm a musician. I record myself playing drums from time to time on my Note 10+, and when I play back the video, there seems to be quite a bit of clipping, and distortion throughout the video. I never had this issue on my S8+. But it sounds terrible on my Note 10+. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Thank you for your time!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you tried it with Dolby also turned off? I also noticed under the Advanced Sound Settings there is an option to adjust the EQ sounds and an Adapt Sound feature. Have you adjusted these settings?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

15 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are you using the stock camera app when recording the video?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
fearlessdrummer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes, I am!

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are you zooming the camera while recording? Have you tried clearing the cache for your camera app?

0 Likes
fearlessdrummer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

No, not using the zoom. Especially with the Note 10 having the zoom mic capability , I made sure of that. If I play lighter, it's fine but once I play at a normal volume, seems like the mic cant tolerate the higher frequencies? I haven't tried clearing the cache, but I can. Not sure if that's going to fix it. I have a feeling this has something to do with the mic not being able to handle the external volume?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you tried recording with a 3rd party recording app and do you experience the same symptoms?

0 Likes
fearlessdrummer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have not, but that's a great suggestion! Any recommendations?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Rydah Do you have any suggestions?

0 Likes
fearlessdrummer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Just tried a 3rd party app, and it's doing the same thing. As soon as I hit the drum decently hard, or get the cymbals involved, the audio on the video gets distorted. 

I'm just trying to figure out why my s8+ and Note 8 were able to handle it, but not the Note 10+?

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You may be correct about the volume. Do you have Dolby turned on or are you using HDR10+ recording? 

0 Likes