Original topic:

Automatic date and time issue

(Topic created on: 3/20/21 10:12 PM)
bobcan22
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'm having an issue with my Note 10+. The Automatic date and time keeps turning on by itself. I turn it off, and then it's back on. It's not isolated, it's all the time. It's getting annoying as it will not stay off. 
4 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
have you tried to clear the cache and or the data ?
bobcan22
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yes, but every time I enter a new time zone it still turns on automatically.
0 Likes
user5DwXMTIeN2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've been living with this problem since I purchased my S9 two years ago

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a few thing I would recommend trying for the symptom you are experiencing:

1. Test your device in safe mode: 

If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

2. Wipe the cache partition on your device: The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

3. Reset network settings: Please know this will remove all saved Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections from your device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.