Original topic:

Blue edge light bottom of screen

(Topic created on: 1/10/21 12:34 PM)
Halfhoof
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a note 10+ and i've noticed when i play some games the phone starts having a blue led light animated from sides to middle and back again at the bottom of the screen. I have not been able to tie it to any events happening or anything.  It just happens at random whenever i am playing games. 

Anyone know what this is tied to? 

48 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Blue light on the side of screen (bottom if phone in portrait)

Here u guys go. It just notifies you that your game booster is trying to cool down your phone by having auto on. Turn auto off then your device will overheat and possibly fry the inside of your phone. Have fun with that. It causes no lag. It doesnt effect any game play. Just a quick let-you-know that your phone is cooling itself down or trying.

ethex_official
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It shows up to let you know that it has optimized your performance for that game. It takes temperature and CPU/GPU load into consideration,as well as other things. 

0 Likes
userczxhLNWESr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You're probably playing games while the phone is charging. Unfortunately, you can't turn this off. The blue lighting at the bottom indicates that your phone is charging. Best way to go ahead it play games without keeping your phone charging. I usually charge my phone to 100 and then game. If you really have to charge while gaming, then you have to get used to the blue light. Or you can turn off edge lighting completely.

0 Likes
userOcMIa1e72M
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine does it to signify that its cooling down my phone

0 Likes
userifAFL7y6J1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Blue light blinks on the left side of the screenBlue light blinks on the left side of the screen

I FOUND THE SOLUTION! IT WAS GAME BOOSTER! HOW TO DISABLE:

1. Open your game

2. Tap game booster notification

3. Tap on monitoring memory or monitoring temperature

4. SWITCH OF THE <edit> AUTO mode

Thank me later, it works :)

Basically, when you run heavy games, your cou throttle to let the phone cool, it was there from factory, you can't remove it without accessing gos (game optimizing service) from pc. But what we discuss here is the blue light that pops up unexpectedly, it was game booster's feature, let's say "relax" mode for games, after you switch off THE <edit> AUTO mode, you will probably not seing that blue light and sudden lag while playing games gain, (please say thankyou if it works)! But if you want to make your phone a bit faster, i'll give you bonus tips, you gotta touch gos from ur pc. But.. that's it, how to disable that ridiculous throttiling and the blue light. I'm sorry if not working on your phone, but I've experienced the blue light like you guys, lemme know in the reply section please!Heart

userIOXp6ZFAMl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've got an S10+ and I'm been getting it while heavy gaming , i assumed it was an alert to tell u ur battery is over heating, as the phone was really hot(39 almost 40).  I haven't seen a drop in performance but I'm sure my batterys life is being shortened.  Keeping the phone cool helps alot , removing the case or cover or standing in front of a fan etc.. 

0 Likes
usergi1icXbR9B
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Solved.  A year later lol :)Solved. A year later lol :)

it was game booster all along:face_with_tears_of_joy: (from a fellow note 10+ user btw)

MPHemphill
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The blue line comes from GAME LAUNCHER that is lowering the volume or throttling the CPU to lower temperature of device.