Original topic:

Broken S-Pen Note 8

(Topic created: 09-10-2018 11:33 AM)
da2zoe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I was using my s-pen tonight and I broke on the top third of the pen right where the silver strip that says Samsung starts. I was just sliding across the screen, not doing anything other than what it was designed to do. I've had my Note 8 less then a month. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm hoping I just got a dud and that it isn't a common manufacturing issue with the 8 series.

0 Likes
93 Replies
usera6KRmcGGK1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

We use our S pen very often and regularly as we use it to communicate with a deaf and legally blind individual by writing in very large font on our tablet.  Thus we have a number of pens kept as "spares" as they are critically important.  Nibs often break, and I have pulled them out.  But now, I find nib broke INSIDE the pen, so nothing to grab it to pull it out.  Any suggestions?  Or do I throw the pen away?

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Can I get your full model code and serial number via private message?

0 Likes
userHQaOfavZQ0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm on my second pen now and it just broke. Ordered 2 more from Amazon this morning. (about $11 each)  I've had my Note8 since it first came out (however long that is).  I want to glue it back together, but am afraid it may break off inside the device.  

0 Likes
User89898989
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userHQaOfavZQ0 If you would like to send us a private message at http://bit.ly/2n71OsS with your model and IMEI number for your phone, we'd be happy to look into options for you. 

0 Likes
usernWjOG1bFKe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are the replacements resolving the breaking issue? I'm on my 3rd s-pen that the back 3rd has broken away...

0 Likes
BaatzGirl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Explain to mehow you guys are trying to fix this issue and how are you helping the customer?

I've had my note 8 since the preorders shipped and finally about a week ago mys-pensnapped where everyone else's did. We need quality replacements that don't costus anorm and a leg. Plus this should be covered under warrenty

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userHCmsZmtdN4

Can I get your full model code and serial number via private message?

0 Likes
userJ3SZ1shGYR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Recently my S Pen snapped in half inside the S-Pen slot of my Note8.

Frustrated, i visited the service centre and been informed S Pen is not covered under warranty.

Even worse, the staff there refused to inspect or investigate of the mysterious cause of SPen failure as it is not "their responsibility"

This expereince of course crossed my mind, as such i wrote to Samsung CS (Hong Kong) a lengthy email and they finally admitted Note8 has design flaw that cause the Pen breakage in the slot during next service center visit. 

The problem may not be on every Note8, but in my cause, my Note8 only offers weak protection for the S Pen. This makes external pressure and impact caused internal disintegration of the S-Pen.  The staffs in the service center offer much help during next visit and helps me fix the issue finally.

Disclaimer: This experience is only valid in Hong Kong and may not be applicable in other region. Man Happy

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Can I get your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

0 Likes
userT3CVe2TR7O
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same thing happened to me the other day... now I have a too short pen that works but can't be stored with the phone.   I was hoping that for the price of this phone that Samsung would have fixed this all too common problem.  When it happened with my Note 2, replacements were inexpensive and since it was my fault,  I didn't mind buying a new one.   My Note 5 had the same issue but replacements were ridiculously expensive and out of stock forever.  After my 4th one,  I had enough.   I went with off brand ones that worked fine and didn't make me cry when and if they broke.   Now my Note 8 simply snapped off the top 3rd, broken plastic inside.   Ridiculous for this to be such an issue.   The price of the phone and then the treatment by Samsung with my turn in left me bitter and considering leaving Samsung....now the s pen breaking night be the last straw.   If super glue doesn't work,  I'm giving in to Apple. 

0 Likes