Original topic:

Broken S-Pen

(Topic created: 09-12-2018 01:34 PM)
userwa40HLKEKm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I received my Note 9 on Wednesday, opened the box on Sunday and after barely using  the S-Pen 2 or 3 times the top of the S-Pen broke off.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I googled search this and sure enough there is a Youtube video that shows exactly what happened to me.  I think the new S-Pen is cheap in comparison to the previous Note's.

211 Replies
Jatin82
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I told them I can remove it and I was still given the runaround and was told I had to pay for a new pen. 

0 Likes
User89898989
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Jatin82 If you are able to safely remove the broken piece without having to take the phone apart, then I'd be more than happy to look into the S-Pen exchange options for you. Could you send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2n71OsS with the following information: 

First/Last Name 
Phone Number
Email Address
Physical Address
Place of Purchase
Phone IMEI #
Phone Model #

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Please provide the following information via private message so I may look into this for you.

First/Last Name 
Phone Number
Email Address
Physical Address
Place of Purchase
Phone IMEI #
Phone Model #

0 Likes
useruj5FW4tZXO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I just sent you a private message with all of this information, as I, too, have a broken s pen. Samsung needs to do something to make these pens better because it appears this is becoming a large problem!!!

Thank you for your assistance, in advance, to replacing my pen.

Cathy

0 Likes
user787Ugq40x7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

my s-pen broke after one week of use 😞 had all note serias never happend 😞 .

Golan

0 Likes
userL42YX8P2x5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same happened to mine after 14 days. I had to send it to Samsung for repair, on 9/11. I still don't have my phone, but you bet my carrier is still charging me. Everyone at Samsung passes the buck. I'm so over this!
0 Likes
userVrd6gaiVs6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same thing happened to me just now except part of the pen is stuck inside the phone.
0 Likes
userQ8bJew0Nb4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Just got my note 9, 10 days ago. A coworker who was interested in purchading the phone asked me how I liked it. As I was showing her the features I take the pen out and it broke in half (needless to say she is now leaning much more towards the iphone x) I called my carrier and was told Id have to file an insurance claim and pay $200 deductible. I just paid for the dang phone less than 2 weeks ago, Why on earth would I pay another $200 especially when the phone doesnt need replaced just the cheap pen does! Seriously frustrated considering the cost of these devices.

0 Likes
crhodes
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yep, same thing happened to me.  When I contacted Samsung, I was told that it is considered damage, and is not covered under warranty.  It wasn't until posting on here that someone finally helped out, in fact I just received the new one today.  While I appreciate it finally getting resolved,  I'm far from happy with the poor way that Samsung handled this.

0 Likes
Romanelli
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yea after three weeks my s broke the yellow one the silver section came off for no reason the rest was stuck in the phone, a authorized service center got the pen out but broke the phone screen
So unhappy about this. I thi k this is the start of a note 9 problem Samsung wont do anything.
0 Likes