Original topic:

Call of Duty: Mobile on Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ w/Android 11 & One UI 3.0

(Topic created: 02-18-2021 10:50 AM)
userTpgVKdWvIM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello,

I am facing a frustrating issues in Call of Duty:Mobile upon updating my Samsung Note10+ to Android 11 and One UI 3.0 2 days ago.

The issue as following: Open the COD:M app, and i start a game (BR or MP) and while being in the beginning or the middle of the game, the app crashes and it starts over again. Also i am encountering blackscreen while hearing the game voice and eventually get crash and closes the app by itself. 

I tried to uninstall the app, reinstall, wiping app data and cache, wiping cache partition from the recovery menu, reseting app preference and nothing works.

Please let me know how can i fix these issues.

Best.

Tarek

19 Replies
Solution
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
you guys have to remember that's it's the responsibility of the app/game developers to keep up with the updated OS.... not the other way around. Samsung, Apple, Microsoft....none of them are going to hamstring themselves because they *might* make a popular app not work properly.

View solution in context

Tuanming
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
agreed 100%
0 Likes
usermec65ZTa1J
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The problem is not the App... the same app was working properly before the update...
The problem is from the side of the hardware not being properly commanded from the OS

usermec65ZTa1J
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

And is frustrating seeing others equipments, like my wife's OnePLus 5T, running an app that my Samsung Note10+ (flagship with 18 months) not running it properly...

St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Again you miss the point. It's the app developers' responsibility to keep up with the updated OS. The OS won't hold back updates just because they think it will make your games not work. The version of the app that worked before the update was compatible pre update. Now they have to make it compatible post update. That's how it works. No two ways around it.
sambomambo2021
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes but if it works on say iphone/pixels should on SS!!! 

0 Likes
Sudh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same here, I only play call of duty when it comes to mobile games. After the android 11 update, my game is experiencing severe lags and freezes. The game also crashes when I play battle royale. It's very annoying now. hope they fix this.
Sudh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Season 2 dropped today, I updated the app, yet the crashes didn't stop. Frustrating!!
0 Likes
Nickyyplays
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same here I got an answer about being a out of memory issue and I'm like are you kidding me right

Screenshot_20210407-160905_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
DeanGilberry
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My Samsung note 9 does not crash but use to previously. However my brothers note 10 crashes repeatedly during battle Royale only, mostly when we land for air drops or halfway into the game. Not sure why the game does, we did removed the webview which was causing issue prior which temporarily fixed the issue. Now its back, if anyone finds a solution I'd love to hear it.