Original topic:

Calls distorted after android 11 update

(Topic created: 06-06-2021 11:38 AM)
mjmplus01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a galaxy note 10 plus 5g on t-mobile and have android version 11 one UI 3.1.

Baseband is N976USQU5EUC2  / Build # RP1A.200720.012.N976USQU5EUC2  /Service provider software version SAOMC_OYN_TMB_RR_0015TMB/TMB/TMB  /ANDROID SECURITY PATCH LEVEL MARCH 1 2021.

Now here's the problem, I was on android 10 and even after the first android 11 update I had no problems with calls. After the last android 11 update all calls are so distorted I cannot understand what the other party is saying. 98% of the time it's like this. On the other chance of getting a good connection to the network, the good quality won't last. I have tried everything on the internet I have seen and have also reinstalled the rom. But of course it being on oneUi 3.1, I cannot downgrade to an earlier rom to see if problem stays. Even talked to Samsung with no help.  Any ideas on this?? I believe the latest android 11 caused this to happen. Have also tried other sim cards no luck..  Anything else someone needs to help me fix this problem. I also believe the Baseband IC is not the problem.  Thanks

4 Replies
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You said it yourself. You can't downgrade from the 11 to the 10 so if the new 11 upgrade is the problem. I believe you're stuck with it unless you get some guru to figure it out.
0 Likes
Shayshon
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hi,

Before literally reinstalling the rom with the risk of making your warrenty useless. You should go to an authorized service center.

Cheers,
Shayshon
0 Likes
mjmplus01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Samsung refuses to honor the warranty, the phone was brand new in box, but was sold to me on ebay. If I would have known Samsung would not honor the warranty, I would not have purchased it. Samsung also told me they will not honor any warranty for any Samsung phones sold on Ebay or Amazon

0 Likes
Shayshon
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Ok, so you bought the phone off ebay... this isn't a samsung issue anymore.

Cheers,
Shayshon
0 Likes