Original topic:

Camera not working

(Topic created: 10-28-2020 02:08 PM)
usercEUPV1F4ug
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

After the latest system update on my Samsung Note 8 (Sept/Oct 2020) my camera will not work. I've also found that Youtube, Amazon shopping, Google Hangouts, flashlight, and Snapchat apps are also not working properly.  I have forced close the camera, cleared the cache and data of the camera. I have also wiped the cache partition, I have attempted to open the camera in safe mode without success as well.  Lastly, I did a complete reset to factory settings and the camera is still not working. The flashlight alerts that it is being used by another app.  And the other apps I mentioned will attempt to load but it's as if they freeze up.  I feel like the camera is being used in a background app and is frozen there but nothing I have done thus far has fixed it. Any other suggestions?? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If all possible troubleshooting steps did not help, I recommend having a technician take a better look at the symptoms you are experiencing. You can visit a UBreakIFix repair center for further assistance. Just a heads up, if the device is currently out of warranty, you may be responsible for out of the pocket cost of repairs, if needed. Also, make sure your device is backed up before evaluation so you won't lose any important data.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If all possible troubleshooting steps did not help, I recommend having a technician take a better look at the symptoms you are experiencing. You can visit a UBreakIFix repair center for further assistance. Just a heads up, if the device is currently out of warranty, you may be responsible for out of the pocket cost of repairs, if needed. Also, make sure your device is backed up before evaluation so you won't lose any important data.

user_PeifbJ0gy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
i have the exact same problem is there a salutation out there
0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!