I had the Samsung system update last night. This morning, the camera took over 1 minute to launch. Many times it does not work at all like the App freezes and closes by itself, not to mention about front camera.
I tried deleted the camera cache and data und restarted already several times. This doesnt change.
You can try wiping the cache partition on the device.
The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
After trying those steps and you are still experiencing the same symptoms, I would try a factory reset on the device. I know this may not be the ideal step you want to take.
Once you have performed a factory reset on the device, test the camera. If the same symptoms still occur then I would recommend having the device evaluated by a technician at your local UBreakIFix repair center near you. Make sure the device is fully backed up so you won't lose any important data.
thanks alot for the suggestion. I have tried your method as well and it did not work. Before that I already ran the factory reset, that didnt help too.
I guess I just need to go to the Samsumg Service Center.