JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't see QR codes in my emails on galaxy note 10+

(Topic created: 09-17-2019 11:38 AM)
usertpDflf8KxL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

When I receive tickets (movie or show) via email the QR code does not appear and I am unable to use my phone as my ticket. I just switched from the Iphone which had no problem with the QR code's visibility. i have tried looking at every mail setting and can't find a solution. Any suggestions?

11 Replies
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you tried using your email from the browser?

0 Likes
usertpDflf8KxL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Great idea for an interim solution. But there has to be a way that it will open from mail. I see people at the movies using all kinds of smart phones with no problem.

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

When you attempt it this way, does it work? I want to make sure this works as a temporary solution.

usertpDflf8KxL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes but that is not a really good answer because if I am not getting a cell signal in that location or theather I would not be able to provide my QR ticket code.  My prior Iphone showed the full ticket with QR code in the email as sent from the venue.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

What site are the tickets from? I have never used email to view the QR codes but instead use the app for the site (Ticketmaster, etc.). 

0 Likes
usertpDflf8KxL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

All the local movie theaters and some event facilities send the code in the paid order acknowledgment. I just hold up my phone to the person at the door, they scan and I am in. I live in the Palm Springs CA area. There are times that I don't get a Verizon signal at the facility (s) and I can't open the site, but my mail is already in my phone. 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are you using the stock e-mail app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usertpDflf8KxL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes, I am using the app that came with the Galaxy note 10+. I just purchased another movie ticket this morning and once again the QR code is missing on the emailed ticket. There are two items to download but when I try it says there is not app to open. As I said I never had this problem on any of the previous iPhones that I owned.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If you use a PC email client do you see the QR code? 

What if you use the Gmail app on your phone?

0 Likes