JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can the Note 3 be upgraded to Android 10

(Topic created: 09-22-2021 09:07 AM)
userse67PEoBBK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi guys, this question relates to using note 3 as backup phone. My old note 3 is a Verizon phone and I want to update it to android 10. If I subscribe to Samsung care, will they do the update for me? I don't want to accidentally brick it. I still use it for music, data when traveling etc.

Tx.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userse67PEoBBK Sorry but the last update available for the Note 3 is Android 5.0 (Lollipop). There is no way to upgrade that phone to Android 10. 

Options
Galaxy Note Phones
That is so true. The Newer Phones can handle the Android 10 better than the the older ones. I. My opinion is I would day just recycle that note 3 and go get a Upgraded phone that you will like. Now I do know that the note 9 can use Android 10
0 Likes
userse67PEoBBK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
There seem to be unofficial versions of Android 10 for note 3. Nobody has said it makes the phone any faster, so maybe I don't need. I was just looking for an emergency backup line/phone.

Upon further reading, the Android 10 update is non-Samsung, so they definitely won't do it.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I would not recommend using an unofficial version of Android 10. You just never know what can happen.
0 Likes
userse67PEoBBK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My main phone is Note 20 ultra.