Original topic:

Cannot send txt messages, "message blocking is active"?

(Topic created: 07-11-2022 01:38 PM)
DaManda
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Every time I send a txt this is the error message I receive. I just updated my phone right before I wrote this. Still not working. "Free Msg: Unable to send message - Message Blocking is active." Been happening a week. Just spent 3 hours on the phone with qlink wireless trying to troubleshoot. They did not solve the problem. Please help me! 

7 Replies
DanG92263
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Which messaging app are you using, please?
0 Likes
DanG92263
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

which carrier? 

Submit an error report after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes
usercmTOtazLlm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yep same issue, after android update ,i did all the trouble shooting, then samsung did, then they sent me to repair shop, whom the ckerk stated that this is a known issue with all z flip and z fold and phone has to go back to samsung for replacenent. I have wasted so much time telling me i have a issue with my carrier then to find out its all owner of this phone thats bs and unfair business practice
userhUpfb8yp6K
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

For what it is worth I went through the same thing and found no resolution with qlink. I tried everything qlink's support suggested to no avail. After several hours on the phone one tech told me they are seeing numerous issues with Samsung phones following the July update of Android 12.

For what it is worth, I swapped sims for another carrier and everything works fine so I know it is not phone itself. I am hoping qlink resolves the issues at some point in the near future.

usermwgn9nefB0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
First, reboot into recovery mode, power off, the power on while holding volume down. If option to clear cache, highlight using volume up/down, select by pressing power. If that didn't solve then you'll need to do full reset, from recovery menu.
It worked for me. No longer have this issue.
Also, add apn with all the same info as the default Qlink apn, but change apn to qlink instead of Qlink. Wouldn't think it would make too much of a difference but did for me.
0 Likes
userhUpfb8yp6K
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am now able to send and receive text messages over 5G/LTE/3G/2G. However I can only make and receive calls over 3G/2G. If I try with 5G/LTE it will shuffle down to send and will not even receive. Anyone else still having issues?

0 Likes