Original topic:

Contacts via Phone app not the same as Contacts App

(Topic created: 01-23-2021 01:33 AM)
user0josFZgqSq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a Note 9 with Android 10 and One UI 2.0

When my phone updated to Android 10, I got a werid contacts issue.

If I access my contacts via the contacts app directly, the contacts there are not the same as those from the contacts within the phone app. I do not know why I have 2 sets of contacts or now to resolve the issue. Is there a way to eliminate the contacts app and change it to the contacts from the phone app. 

I also dislike that the contacts app (page) is bright white even though I am using a theme.  When I go to contacts via the phone app the screen is shown in the dark theme color I am using.

user0josFZgqSq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes, I am using the default phone app.  Apologies for the delayed response, I was having login problems.

Solution
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@user0josFZgqSq wrote:

Yes, I am using the default phone app.  Apologies for the delayed response, I was having login problems.

You aren't the only one.  Took me 45 minutes to finally get logged in.  

Try this.  Open your contacts app.  You will see the 3 horizontal bars on the left side of your screen.  Click them.  You will see a list of groups.  At the top will be a Name of your list.  Mine says Google.  Click it.  You will see a list, All contacts, Samsung account, Phone, Sim Card, Google, Microsoft Exchange...  Your list might include none of these or just some of these.  I had this happen once, where it was saving some contacts on Google, and some on Samsung, Some directly on the phone.  Make sure that the list says "ALL CONTACTS" at the top.  That will include everyone on every list.  

See if that helps any.  

View solution in context

0 Likes
thowa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Big-Bad-Brad 

Thanks for your advice!

This is potentially a solution, if your Contacts App shows less contacts than the Phone App.

Your phone App my show less contacts than the Contacts app, if you have the "only show contats with phone number"option active in the Phone App settings.

BUT:

What if I have a filter in the Contacts App (e.g. only show Google account contacts but not Skype, SIM card, Whatsapp etc.) and the Phone App keeps showing all addressbooks resulting in duplicates (one entry for the Google Contact and one for the same person on Whatsapp, for example)? How to apply that filter also to the Phone App??

Note: I don NOT want to

- stop synching Whatsapp

- link contacts

I only want to hide none Google Contacts form my contacts list in Phone and Contacts App - as it can already be done in the Contacts App.

ungern
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I only want to hide none Google Contacts form my contacts list in Phone and Contacts App - as it can already be done in the Contacts App.

Exactly. I don't use the Contacts app, only the Phone app and the view of my Contacts there. Why can't that be filtered?! Really, Samsung?

thowa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I opened a new thread for this specific issue:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/Phone-App-contacts-showing-all-adress-...

@ungern- follow there, if this is still a problem for you too. Hope someone has an idea...

thowa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The Contacts App allows to select address books for display, e.g. show phone internal address book and google contacts but not skype and whatsapp contacts.

The Phone App (the dialer) also has a contacts section but that does not seem to be linked to the filter in the Contacts App. As a result I see all address books and one entry for Goolge contact, one for the same persons Skype Contact and another one for his Whatsapp. That is extremely annoying especially since I cannot edit the otehr people's skype contact entries and they sometime suse messed up names etc. pp.

Question:

How to tell the Phone App what contacts to show in the contacts section???!!

thowa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My new separate thread was re-merged to here.

I disagree. This thread was marked as solved but the solution to this thread does not solve my issue. Hence the separate thread is justified. Will raise it again.

Here the message I had reveiced:

The post Phone App contacts showing all adress books resulting in duplicates was moved by SamsungAdam.

Reason:

merging threads due to similar topics of discussion

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@user0josFZgqSq Is your phone app and contacts still showing up the same way when you place your phone in safe mode?

0 Likes
user0josFZgqSq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It would appear that in safe mode the phone contacts screen and the contacts app screens contain the same contacts.

I am thinking what I want to do is remove the google contacts "icon" altogether if that makes sense but don't see where I can.

0 Likes
Samsung_xwSMDxl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

jjju