JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dealing with calls from people who are not in my contacts. "Robo" callers.

(Topic created: 07-24-2021 09:55 AM)
SweetTasha
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've started getting more and more calls from people who are not in my contacts list. Shouldn't I see and option to block that phone number? It's been a while since I got one of these, so perhaps I'm wrong about not getting an option to block the phone number. But even if I am able to block that phone number, and it is indeed a "Robo" call, they will simply call from a different phone number. Apparently marketeers who use this technique have 100's, even 1000's of number that they can use to call from. 

In the analog world using landline phones, a feature called "Nomorobo" has been implemented. I don't have a landline now, so I can't say for certain how well "Nomorobo" is working.

What do you think?

Thanks. SweetTasha.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. If blocking numbers on your phone is not remedying the issue then I recommend reaching out to the service provider. They may have a method of blocking the caller at the source and resolving the issue. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
Tr3mors
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Honestly I just don't answer anything at all unless it's in my contacts. If any call is important they can leave a message other wise leave it . Also depending on your service mine comes with a app that tell if these calls are potential spam to avoid them .
0 Likes
Tr3mors
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
That app should be integrated with boost mobile and t mobile
0 Likes
SweetTasha
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks for your reply.

I agree, just don't answer them and I normally do just that. But they are still a pain in the ***, and espcially so if I'm in the middle of another call.  On my Note10+ phone I don't have an option to simply ignore the unwanted call...or at least I don't know what the option is.

SweetTasha.

SweetTasha
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've opened  a new posting,"Robo Calls", with some additional thoughts. Please join the discussion.

SweetTasha.

0 Likes
derek17405
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Your service provider at&t , t- mobile , Verizon ect will have an app that you can configure to completely block those calls . Some service providers do charge a little for the full benefits of the app though like Verizon, 2.99 a month but not get those random robo calls is worth it .
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
An app is a poor solution.
Down another bloody app to do something your carrier should do at the network level. Sending calls to voicemail is a lame solution to the issue.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Ditto....I agree. Switched from AT&T to TMobile. Spam calls, robo calls & etc start within 3 hours of activation. Upgrade scam protection...what a joke!!! More spam calls and etc. in 11 months with TMobile than 5 years with AT&T!!!
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. If blocking numbers on your phone is not remedying the issue then I recommend reaching out to the service provider. They may have a method of blocking the caller at the source and resolving the issue. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I used robo killer in the past and it's a decent solution. It cost me at the time $10/ year and it does not send calls to voicemail. But again because carriers refuse to implement the block at the network level.