Since the last software update (build QP1A.190711.020.N975U1UES5DTJ6), my default home app setting is reset every time I boot the phone. In settings, apps, default apps, home app there are two options, One UI Home and my 3rd-party app (Nova Launcher). I select Nova Launcher and the home button works as expected. The next time I reboot, the default is reset to neither being selected. This problem only started after the above software update.
Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?
- Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK.
- Press and hold the Power key and Up Volume key at the same time.
- Release the Power key when the Samsung logo appears.
- Release the Volume keys when the Android image appears.
- Press the Volume keys to highlight Wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Once “Cache wipe complete” appears, press the Power key to select Reboot system now.
- The device restarts once the wipe is finished