I had a software/security update applied this morning for update N975USQS4CTG1 and ever since then I can't get back to my home screen launcher without it asking for which home app I want to use. I've set CPL to default a 100 times, I've gone into settings and manually made it my home app but it doesn't work. I can't find a way to completely disable the One UI app.
Can someone please assist? I'm guessing there was an error in this update but I just don't want to have to keep selecting which home screen I want every time I choose to go home.
Solved! Go to Solution.
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
try this step:
2. change navigation bar to navigation buttons ( the one with 3 buttons at bottom)
4. change navitagion bar to full screen gesture
5. slide mid button up to go home, click always
This solved my issue without having to uninstall and reinstall my launcher. I took these steps:
1. Cleared default launcher.
2. Switched back to navigation buttons.
3. Restarted phone.
4. Switched to navigations gestures.
5. Chose my default launcher.
6. Upon restart, launcher was still saved.
I've been having this same issue with Nova launcher. I've tried 2 other launchers and uninstalled/reinstalled Nova without success. I've set Nova as the default countless times, and it doesn't stick. Would love a fix as it's very annoying. I have an S9+.
I am seeing the same issue in my s20 5G since the last update a week or so back. Switching to gestures in the Navigation Bar seems to fix this and it seems to be an issue when the Navigation Bar uses buttons. It is very annoying.