Original topic:

Delayed Text Messages

(Topic created: 06-01-2021 02:43 PM)
useryPaUaGXMiC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a Galaxy Note 20 with Verizon service.  Some, but not all text messages, are delayed 20 minutes or so and some text messages never come through.  I am using "messages" as my text message app.  I searched through the other posts and this appears to be a Samsung Galaxy issue.  Has anyone found a work around or a fix?  Missing and delayed texts can be critical!  HELP. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It is recommended to speak with your carrier directly regarding any issues using their services. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Solution
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It is recommended to speak with your carrier directly regarding any issues using their services. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
useryPaUaGXMiC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

and the carrier suggests it's a software issue on Galaxy phones

0 Likes
henfredemars
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Any chance those delayed messages are MMS messages? (Group or picture messages)
0 Likes
useryPaUaGXMiC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

No, they are individual text messages.

0 Likes
useryPaUaGXMiC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I contacted Verizon again and they did a refresh of my profile.  That seems to have fixed the issue after all!  They also said if I continue to have issues they can refresh/replace my sim card and do a couple of other things that might correct the problem.

Lrock
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
see if a third party sms app does the same thing. that can help determine where the problem is. samsung will always blame the carrier, carrier will always blame device manufacturer
0 Likes