JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Delayed text messages

(Topic created: 01-10-2020 11:30 AM)
userYMLCxWy2Mg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a Note 10+ and for the last two days I have been receiving text messages some times as late as 12 hour after they have been sent to me. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it the phone or the carrier? I didn't have this issue with my phone prior to this phone.

71 Replies
Samsung_rahim1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the note 10 and I am not seeing these problems, I would recommend your carrier. Maybe there is also an update for it in settings.

0 Likes
Disk4mat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I wonder if this has anything to do with the many posts Ive seen about poor signal quality and no data? That would certainly cause a delay and explain allot of what Im reading here.

Also when talking about a service issue the problem could be on the senders side with thier provider. Thats something you have no control over.

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userYMLCxWy2Mg What carrier and which phone model? usually this issue is with the carrier or try to ask them the service operator to refresh your connection between your phone and the tower in your area sometimes this helps.

0 Likes
OregonRipCity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I would recommend doing a network settings reset. It dose remove Bluetooth and WiFi passwords (reconnect them and they would be remembered again). It also resets carrier apn settings to default.

0 Likes
OregonRipCity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It helps alot with services issue.

0 Likes
ChrisWilliams
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have been having the same issue for about 2 or 3 days now. I use Verizon

Curtcollins
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a Samsung Note 10 plus unlocked and I have the same problem. I've had the problem ever since I've had the phone but it got worse after the November update.

I do not get any texts all day. Unless I text someone, then all of a sudden. A bunch of my texts come through, I've been working with Sprint on this and they have been unable to resolve it. I've complained to Samsung, they have not helped me at all.

Something seems to be off in my phone and no one is able to fix it not samsung and not sprint.

usert3dWWa2gf6
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My same problem exactly!  Sprint also...

user8xuJedhjEM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same here, i had one a week old

CHRISINCOGNITO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same issue with my Note 10 Plus. I've tried Samsung Messages and Android Messages and the issue is the same with both. Sprint says their is no problem on their part and after seeing ALL these people with the exact same issue, it has to be the phone.