JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Delayed text messages

(Topic created: 01-10-2020 11:42 AM)
userYMLCxWy2Mg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a Note 10+ and for the last two days I have been receiving text messages some times as late as 12 hour after they have been sent to me. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it the phone or the carrier? I didn't have this issue with my phone prior to this phone.

71 Replies
userQJwGPHSqdn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Guys y'all should try google messeges it also had rcs

0 Likes
MAl-Omari
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Can you please be more specific?

0 Likes
userQJwGPHSqdn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Guys y'all should try google messages it also has rcs

0 Likes
userLKInXOwQDQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Has anyone here got the issue fixed with the delayed text messages issue?

I've been having the same issue as everyone here with delayed text messages ever since I got the Unlocked Note 10+. I have never had any issues with my Google Pixel and Sprint previously. I have spent countless hours with Sprint and Samsung just to get the run around. Has anyone tried disabling voLTE and/or WiFi calling? I have been experimenting with this and turning off voLTE seems to be the only fix for this issue. Sprint's network team is saying that they see a "device busy error' when attempting to deliver the message and suggested that I turn off voLTE to troubleshoot. They are also saying that the issue is with the phone which I seem to agree with. BTW Sprint will only consider a message delayed if it is more than 30 minutes which is absolutely ridiculous!!!

Here is what I have experienced with my limited troubleshooting...

Doing all the suggested troubleshooting methods from Sprint and Samsung did not work. Refreshing the carrier/network settings, factory resetting the phone, and clearing the cache didn't fix it and not to mention that I am on my 3rd SIM card. 

When I send myself a text message it takes about a minute and a half for it to get delivered with voLTE turned off, but when I am on a phone call and send myself a text it is deliverd in seconds. With voLTE turned on it comes in delayed for sure... Also, when it is delayed it seems like you have to send an outgoing text message to flush it out and all the messages that were stuck will come in with it. You should receive a text message within seconds with a perfectly working device. 

I'm guessing its Samsung's unlocked software that isn't playing nicely with the text messaging servers, but Samsung wants me to send the phone in or take it to an authorized shop which I honestly think will not solve this issue... Both my friends have a S10+ from Sprint and they did not experience any of these issues. They're test text messages sent to themselves are delivered in seconds.

As a last resort I might have to flash the software/firmware on my phone to Sprint's to see if that fixes the issue. Has anyone else tried this? Paying $1K for a phone and not being able to use voLTE or experiencing these issues in general is just nonsnese.

useroaoGHHQbBn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I had the issue with my Note 9,band now also with my SG20 Ultra. It seems to happen most when an Apple user sends me a pic/gif. I'll try the voLTE thing. Thanks. 

0 Likes
userWW6Zc8sH2W
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm having this same issue. I'll try the voLTE suggestion. 

userrb9urIhOKL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey there I must say your post is spot on to the issues I'm having as well... Thanks for sharing. Have you had any luck with your next plan of action? 

userYMLCxWy2Mg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

No. I just sent the phone back and haven't looked back since. 

userLKInXOwQDQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have not. My next plan was to flash the software but have been caught up. Samsung is suggesting that I send the phone in after numerous run arounds from the customer support. That maybe what I do next. Has anyone sent there phone in to have it looked at?

0 Likes
userv7GRP1FoN1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Works great on my tmobile note 10+

0 Likes