Original topic:

Delayed text messages

(Topic created: 08-25-2019 09:01 AM)
userYMLCxWy2Mg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a Note 10+ and for the last two days I have been receiving text messages some times as late as 12 hour after they have been sent to me. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it the phone or the carrier? I didn't have this issue with my phone prior to this phone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

71 Replies
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

userYMLCxWy2Mg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I did. Everything is good on their end. I didn't have this issue with my phone I had prior to my upgrade. 

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I understand that this is very frustrating. However, text messaging is a service, not a function of the phone. You will need to continue to work with your service provider to correct the delayed text.

0 Likes
userYMLCxWy2Mg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You're right it is fustrating but I ultimately decided to just return my Note 10+ and I'll tell you what sealed the deal for me. I have been trying to call a friend of mines and Everytime I do I get a message that says I am not authorized to make that call. I literally just reactivated my pixel phone and tried to call the same friend and the call went though and I got an answer plus all the text messages that were "waiting" have all come through. I don't think it's just my carrier. I believe that is an internal issue with my phone. 

userlG5yjQo13F
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Did that, many hours, useless and they now refer me to Samsung which requires me to send in my expensive device without an advance replacement,  that's called crappy warranty service. 

Samsung_aLK44HQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a new Galaxy S10+ and have been experiencing a delay in the notifications of many of my internet based services since switching over from my S9+.

0 Likes
userlG5yjQo13F
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have this exact same problem and  no one can help me.  I would only get incoming texts after sending an outgoing text.  Spent hours with Sprint and they can't help.  Samsung has a crappy RMA process where they won't even advance you a phone, you'd have to send in your device to timbuktu so this will be the last time I purchase from Samsung.  Since I received and activated my Note 10+ on August 22nd, and three SIM card later, this delayed text is not fixed.

Curtcollins
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same problem here.

Members_zx7QePd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same problem as well. Galaxy Note 10+. Sprint. First few months worked fine, sometime around March of this year, text messages stopped coming in as they should, typically not until I send an outgoing message. This has become my workaround - periodically sending myself texts to prompt the batches of inbound messages. Timestamps on the delayed messages don't reflect the time they are sent, only the time they 'batch in'. I have tried every thread response 'solution' I can find with no success,  even had the SIM card replaced (which only accomplished having to reset my phone when the swipe lock inexplicably stopped recogning my swipe pattern on reboot with the new SIM). If this is a carrier issue it's not just Sprint, there are threads for this issue on just about every major carrier's help site. 

0 Likes