cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aram7639
Asteroid

Devices keep getting deleted from Bluetooth

I was in the beta when this started and now my phone is on the official Android Pie update. My Bluetooth devices keep getting deleted.

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bluetooth

May I have your full model number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

aram7639
Asteroid

SM-960U1

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for that. Can you tell me your baseband version and the name of your carrier? You should not need to do this every time you pair your Bluetooth device to your smartphone: your smartphone/tablet should remember the Bluetooth device and pair with it automatically when Bluetooth is enabled on your smartphone and your Bluetooth device is turned on and within range.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I'm having trouble pulling up this model, can you confirm this is a US model for me? Have you checked for updates for your phone? 

aram7639
Asteroid

Re: Devices keep getting deleted from Bluetooth

It also appears to happen after I reboot my phone

aram7639
Asteroid

N960U1UEU1CSB3

TMobile but it is the unlocked model

aram7639
Asteroid

SM-N960U1

tquindt
Constellation

I am experiencing the same issue. A work around seems to be disabling "put inactive apps to sleep" until the next big fix is released.

user3yK2mGTL0E
Constellation

I have a note 9, purchased thru tmobile back in Aug. of 2018. The phone ran flawlessly, no problems whatsoever. Ever since Samsung/tmobile launched the new operating system (Pie) my phone has not only continously dropped bluetooth and erased them but I cannot update my apps nor can I open some of the apps that I use. Its been a horrible update to say the least. So just to prove that it was the update to Pie that has caused this mess, I contacted Samsung first so that perhaps they could do something about getting my phone restored to its previous operating system. They said no, once it's done, it's done. They suggested for me to get the phone reflashed and see if that would solve my problems. They sent me to some store called u break we fix and that was a waste of time. Phone still continues to poorly operate. I then contacted tmobile and told them of my situation and told them since the phone is still under manufacturers warranty, I wanted to either get this fixed or another new phone. The tech at tmobile told me that its probably the antenna of the phone that wasn't working properly, but I knew better..so we decided on getting me another note 9...I received the new note 9, and again worked flawlessly, until the dreadful pie update was requesting that I install. As I write this at 430am, the same thing has happened to this new note 9 as it did with my old note 9....the flaw is with the pie operating system. I spent way too much money on my original phone to have to deal with a junkie system. 2 phones damaged by Pie...let's see how Samsung fixes this mess. If they can't get it fixed I am going to demand my money back and go with a different type of company all together. Hope many people find this post useful.