JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dex on TV for Note 10+

(Topic created: 08-25-2019 12:04 AM)
miladiouss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I purchased a Note10+ to use DeX with my TV and monitor. But it seems it only works on Mac or on PC 😒 How can I enable Dex on any monitor so I can install Linux on Dex? Will this be fix or I should return my phone? Because I don't need 12GB of RAM and .5TB of memory to send text or upload images to Instagram! Why is Note9 oriented toward power users but Note10+ is not?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
miladiouss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I found the solution. When you connect your HTMI, you must also provide power in parallel through your adapter. In addition, DeX doesn't work with LED cover, so remove it.

View solution in context

12 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Can I please have the full model number of the Dex system you are using with your Galaxy Note 10?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
miladiouss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Samsung Dex Panel v 2.0.16

When I plug into a TV using USB-C to HDMI I simply get a mirrored screen. 

0 Likes
Mihos
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am able to use Dex on my monitor as well as on windows (I am posting from a monitor on my note 10+ now using a USB C hub)

Linux for Dex, unfortunately, is not available yet on the Note 10.  I am checking the website everyday hoping for an announcement, or at least something that says it is coming.

0 Likes
userleczOR1HAb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same here - checking every day and expecting a quick solution!

0 Likes
miladiouss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Did you just plug in and it worked?

When I plug into a TV or a monitor using USB-C to HDMI I simply get a mirrored screen. 

0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@miladiouss 

You should be able to do DEX on any screen, you just need a USB-C to HDMI adapter, and of course a wireless keyboard and mouse will help too.

Geno

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

0 Likes
miladiouss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

When I plug into a TV using USB-C to HDMI I simply get a mirrored screen. DeX doesn't active. 

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@miladiouss Are you using the DeX cable to connect? Did you switch from Screen Mirror Mode to DeX Mode in the settings?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
miladiouss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I didn't switch ay thing. I am using a normal USB type c to HTMI and hold USB. Just like this guy:

what from 5:20

https://youtu.be/5WqcYMfFNzU

We would be thrilled if you subscribe to our youtube channel here: http://youtube.christophmagnussen.com This video was recorded a while ago, but the idea behind it is timeless, since it's not just about working with a smartphone only, but is much more about the setup we use in the cloud with G ...
0 Likes