Original topic:

Dex oneUI 2.5 HELP!?!

(Topic created: 04-21-2024 04:10 AM)
AlexNote9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'm finally upgrading from note 8 to note 9 and I'm having a lot of issues with the changes to the SamsungDex Features, like the taskbar and apps. For the taskbar, there doesn't seem to be a way to see the date next to the time as you would on a PC, or expand the notifications like on the Note 8. 

Most apps seem to work as expected, however occasionally after enabling dev options to allow resizing of apps, full screen videos will occasionally play normally for a few seconds then totally black untill you exit full screen. This happens on several different web browser apps, so its not exlusive to samsung internet. 

When opening the Secure Folder in Dex mode, it will say "use your phone to unlock forcing you to use the fingerprint scanner or the iris scanner or pin on the phone, and using the iris scanner when the phone is connected to the Dex pad is very annoying and basically useless. Using the Finger print scanner when connected to the Dex Pad is absolutly useless. Why cant I just use the pin on the Dex Screen like on the Note8? I use a mouse and keyboard to do most ofmy work, and using the secure folder lets me have the same app but with 2 accounts and peace of mind that my data will be secure in case my phone is taken or i leave it unlocked for some reason. 

Also, the "check out apps for samsung dex" button on the apps screen simply opens up a 404 page not found in the samsung browser. 

There are other little things, like the mouse cursor being slightly crooked and the task bar opening in the middle, and not everything is bad, but all the little things start to add up and prevent me from wanting to upgrade. i might even go back to the note 8, I was really hesitant to buy this phone but i definitely didnt want to buy any of the newer phones simply because of all the missing features, and the upgrades were not signifigant enough to spend another 2 grand on a 2 yr phone contract.

I really like the Dex Pad, I use it basically every day, hours and hours at a time. I just Y'know, want to have the same features that I had before, to justify switching. 

Anyways, does anyone know much about how to downgrade the software or upgrade it to a newer version that fixes some of the issues i described? i havent fully swaped over yet, basically just using mobile hotspot from my note 8 to get apps working properly on my note 9 before i get a sim card swap. I kinda want to keep the knox features, but im open to some of the more advanced options like rooting the phone. 
2 Replies
AlexNote9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I also want to add that Dex has basically replaced my laptop as far as daily use is concerned, straight up until my laptop totally died (the motherboard short circuited itself). i can simply bring my phone and dex pad with me instead, and do most of the same things i do on my Windows Laptop. So, its not like im complaining about the feature, its that ive been using the same thing so well for over 5 years now, and only just now because my work's app is requiring me to upgrade to a newer device, im forced to upgrade. even now, im writing all of this on the samsung dex mode, but its still kinda janky cause the note 9 REALLY wants to be a Phone, but it has the great potential to be a PC. The note 8 had the feel and the personality of a pc with oneUI ver ,1 but idk i feel like im missing the advanced linux stuff that i barely had acess to on the note 8 (with my note 9).
0 Likes
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Oh wow, you're able to use the work profile in Dex? I haven't tried that feature. I'll give it a try and let you know my findings