JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unlock a Samsung Store purchased device

(Topic created: 10-15-2021 05:13 AM)
userEiGk3bziLO
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I purchased a Note 20 ultra 5g from the Samsung Store more or less a year ago. This was a T-Mobile branded device because I wanted to transfer my plan to it. I now need to unlock my phone because I'm traveling abroad and need to use it with another carrier, but when I try to do it it says reason: 132.
I reached to Samsung and they said I needed to reach out to T-Mobile. I reached out to them and after a week wait they said the following: Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time because we are only able to provide unlock codes for T-Mobile USA handsets. Please refer your unlock request for this equipment directly to the carrier that the handset was purchased from.
Any ideas on what should I do? Samsung and T-Mobile just seem to be passing the ball to one another and it is getting annoying. I would probably recommend not buying any phones from the Samsung Store at this point.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Note20

Due to copyright infringement laws, the code used to unlock your device must come from the mobile service provider. The carrier can verify proper ownership and protect our customers’ identity, as well as existing service contracts. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we would be unable to assist with carrier locks. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Tjhumann
Astronaut
Options
Note20
https://unlockaroo.com/?msclkid=59899832c2eb1f03c00af95b43cd4f5b

They have successfully unlocked phones for me in the past.
userEiGk3bziLO
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Thanks, but either Tmobile or Samsung have to solve this problem for me. My device should be able to be unlocked without having to go to a third party.
wayne8821212
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I bought an unlocked T-Mobile-branded S-20 Ultra from Samsung in March 2020... When I asked T- mobile customer service, they seemed to confirm this...I believe by noting that the IMEI number shows that the phone is not locked by nor the property of T-Mobile. I never tested by placing a foreign (SIM card from another carrier) SIM in it. I traded the phone in for a S21 Ultra in September of this year. Also T-Mobile branded and also from Samsung (not -T-Mobile)..... Not sure about the unlocked status. Have you tried the unlock tool? I guess it will probably show that it's already unlocked.
0 Likes
userEiGk3bziLO
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Thanks for your comment. I already tried putting the new SIM card in my phone, and it says that it is locked 😕
I will look into that unlock tool, is it a Tmobile app?
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Note20

Due to copyright infringement laws, the code used to unlock your device must come from the mobile service provider. The carrier can verify proper ownership and protect our customers’ identity, as well as existing service contracts. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we would be unable to assist with carrier locks. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.