JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Downgrade from Android 10 to 9

(Topic created on: 3/3/20 4:22 AM)
userKOhcSKqaWf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is there any way to downgrade/unlock OEM on the Galaxy Note 9 with Snapdragon that is sold in NA? It seems like all the tricks out there for it are for other countries. Android 10 really messed up my phone and Samsung wasn't helpful whatsoever, opting to tell me to drive 40 miles to a repair shop. I just want to go bac kto Android 9.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

At this time, there is not an authorized way to revert to previous system software.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

What sort of problems?  Most after update bugs can be taken care of pretty easily.  Have you tried deleting the Cache Partition?  

• Turn off the device.
  • Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  • When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  • An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  • Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  • Press Power key to select.
  • Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  • When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  • Press the Power key to restart the device.

Clearing the Cache partition does no harm to the phone.  I clear mine about once a week or so.  

If that doesn't help, you can always use Smart Switch, back up your phone to your home computer and then do a reset and restore.  It's a pain, takes about 30 minutes or so, but cleans a lot of the stuff out of the phone.  

You have to remember that you just updated the operating system on your phone with all  your data and apps sitting there.  So now the OS has to work around everything as it rearrainges and updates all the existing apps on your phone.  It takes a few days sometimes.  

I've gotten in the habit that whenever I get an update, the first thing that I do is delete the cache.  This update, never had a problem with it.  

userKOhcSKqaWf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've tried turning BT on/off multiple times, restarting my phone multiple times, wiping network settings multiple times, wiping cache multiple times, even factory reset it, nothing worked. As far as I can tell, the only solution is either getting a new phone or driving to the repair place and leave my phone there for them to maybe fix it.

user9IDAkLQRAb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I would love for your help. I've been struggling for a couple months trying to figure this out by myself.  I want to downgrade from UI 2, Android version 10 >>> Android version 8, Samsung Experience 9.  I believe it is Oreo.  The UI 2 is awful, It doesn't have functional abilities of Oreo. I've tried Odin and everything seems to work but when I put my phone in download mode the computer doesn't recognize the phone.  I did download the android phone driver. When the phone is not in download mode the computer recognizes the phone through the USB cord I'm using so I don't think it's the cord. I think I could get it all to work if I could get the computer to recognize the USB when the phone is in download mode.  I would love for your help and soooooo appreciate it.  Even if I had to take it or mail it somewhere to get it done.  Thank you so much Lisa

0 Likes
user9IDAkLQRAb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Lisaltouchton@gmail.com @Big-Bad-Brad 

0 Likes
user9IDAkLQRAb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Samsung Galaxy S9 G960U

0 Likes
Devino
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same here pal. From what other users and myself have noticed, Samsung enabled throttling on at least the S9+, and this is causing the system to hang to the point where touch input is blocked, and any bluetooth audio will play on the loudspeaker of the phone during the freeze. Annoying stuff. I love this update, but my music is meant to be played through my Galaxy Buds, not out loud in class whenever my phone decides to lock itself up.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

At this time, there is not an authorized way to revert to previous system software.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userKOhcSKqaWf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

As far as I'm concerned, Samsung would rather make me drive FORTY MILES to get "free repairs" that probably don't do anything, than actually help. As much as I like Samsung phones, guess I'm getting a Pixel rofl

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well, I'll ask again. Exactly what sort of problems are you having?  You've said what you've done to correct it, but nothing about what it's doing. Lag? Features? Calls?

And btw. I don't think this thread is locked. I answered this one just to make sure. 

0 Likes