cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Febricity
Cosmic Ray

Dropped my note 3, screen & touch won't respond, phone appears as portable media payer to my laptop

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, long story short, i dropped my phone and it spiderwebbed everywhere, must have landed on a rock because the touchscreen doesnt work and the screen is constantly black (used to be rainbow in some areas)

I have tried multiple times to retrieve my data off my phone since, to try and back it up, but it first didnt get recognised and now it's appearing as a portable media player which is 100% empty

how do i/can i recover my data since i dont have access to anything on my phone (i.e. settings and such stuff) due to the touch and screen not working, and does anyone know which parts of the phone i'd need to buy if i were to repair it myself, because i dont feel like paying some guy to repair it who'll charge me what the phone is currently worth (£140)

thanks for any help you can give me

- Feb

'All these flavors, and you chose to be salty..'
Yes. Yes i did.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Dropped my note 3, screen & touch won't respond, phone appears as portable media payer to my ...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, Febricity. 

Depending on the information that was stored on your device. Some files may not be available due to damage to your device. I would recommend using our Smart Switch PC application to possibly attempt to back up your device. 

You may also look into third party apps that may help recover lost files. Please be sure to read all information provided by the developer. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Black Hole

Re: Dropped my note 3, screen & touch won't respond, phone appears as portable media payer to my ...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, Febricity. 

Depending on the information that was stored on your device. Some files may not be available due to damage to your device. I would recommend using our Smart Switch PC application to possibly attempt to back up your device. 

You may also look into third party apps that may help recover lost files. Please be sure to read all information provided by the developer. 

View solution in original post

Febricity
Cosmic Ray

Re: Dropped my note 3, screen & touch won't respond, phone appears as portable media payer to my

JUMP TO SOLUTION

no offence, but how am I supposed to back up my phone when nothing appears in the phone folder?

also, does anyone know why it's appearing as a portable media player?

ps. i'm pretty sure my phone still works because its keeps turning on the green notification light whenener i use facebook or email on my laptop (which is linked to my phone)

'All these flavors, and you chose to be salty..'
Yes. Yes i did.
userqxvbcXAltp
Constellation

Re: Dropped my note 3, screen & touch won't respond, phone appears as portable media payer to my

JUMP TO SOLUTION

JUST have the screen replaced and u will be back in business less than $200 cheaper than buying new phone 

userdKo4KV7GU2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello I am experiencing a similar case. I am using "Ok google" to have google read my text messages and I have turned on my blutooth device using Google voice so it links to my car and I am able to see all of my missed calls, text messages as well as reply until my new screen arrives