Original topic:

Dynamic Lock Screen Bug

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
MyPOV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have the opposite issue as the related posts I've seen. My Dynamic Lock Screen will not turn OFF. The setting says "None" but it still overrides any wallpaper I select. If I select pics from my gallery, a short time later, some random pic is there. It also overrides my homescreen wallpaper at the same time. I've hardbooted and tried turning the feature on and off in an attempt to rest to normal. The random pics are also the worst. They aren't my taste and most don't even relate to me! One way or other, I want this fixed. Advise appreciated.
8 Replies
higuys716
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Go to lock screen settings then click OFF
0 Likes
MyPOV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
There is no "off" in any of my Lock Screen settings.
0 Likes
Smew
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

What note model phone are you using? 

What software build / carrier is it on? Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Build number (last 4 characters)

0 Likes
MyPOV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I am using Galaxy Note 10+, Software Build FUH8
0 Likes
Ravip
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same issue. Galaxy s10e. The wallpaper service radio button is set to none. But it doesn't actually turn off. When I go to settings the wallpaper service still shows as dynamic lock screen. It's just so frustrating. Hope they fix this issue i want my own personal pics not some random theme based stuff
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, I am sorry to hear you are stuck with Dynamic Lock Screen. It's possible that you could just need to wipe the device's cache partition. The steps for that are: 

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

It is also possibly an issue from a third-party applications. To see if that is the case, try operating your device in Safe Mode with this guide: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Finally, if that does not help, you can try a factory data reset. Make sure to back up all your data before doing this, though: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Ravip
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hi I wiped the cache partition. That did not help.
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am sorry to hear the steps did not help resolve the dynamic lock screen settings. If you are able, please send me a private message, either by clicking onto my profile and clicking Send a Message, or using this link: https://bit.ly/3hzZfw8

Please make sure to include the following information for the most expedient assistance in the private message:

Full Name:

Physical address (including city, state, and zip code):

Email Address:

Best Contact Number:

Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)

Model Code:

Serial/IMEI Number:

Thank you in advance for your response.

0 Likes