JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Edge Bar missing on Note 10 Plus

(Topic created: 09-28-2020 12:34 AM)
TheRealThomas
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Just purchased a Note 10 Plus.  There appear to be no Edge "options" other than lighting.  I loved the Edge panels on myNote 9, but they are not to be found.  It's odd, because I can see articles on the internet showing how to enable them but for me, there is no option to do so.  The more I use the 10 Plus the less I like it.  It seems Samsung removes more than they add with each iteration.  Sigh.

Does anyone have a fix?  Thanks in advance. 

Screenshot_20200927-183059_Edge screen.jpg

5 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The Note 10+ definitely has the Edge panel. If you aren't seeing it, I would recommend deleting the cache partition. 

To do that:

1. Turn off the device. 
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. Once the Android Recovery screen comes up, release the buttons.
  4. Use the Volume Down button until you are highlighting ‘Wipe cache partition.’
  5. Press the Power button to select ‘Wipe cache partition.’
  6. Use Volume Down to highlight Yes.
  7. Press the Power button to confirm the action to clear the cache.
  8. Wait for a second as the system wipes the cache.
  9. Press the Power button again to reboot the device. This will return the device to the normal interface.
0 Likes
TheRealThomas
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Done.  Still no other option than lighting.  Figured I'd clear cache/data, so went to App Manager to look for Edge (showing all option), no Edge app to be found?!?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@TheRealThomas wrote:

Done.  Still no other option than lighting.  Figured I'd clear cache/data, so went to App Manager to look for Edge (showing all option), no Edge app to be found?!?

Visit the Galaxy Store and search on "Edge". You can download "Edge screen" from there. 

0 Likes
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Which options exactly are you looking for? my edge panel is on and if I go to search in settings and put in edge it shows the app just fine. also I have turned off the edge screen before by accident. couldn't figure out how to make it work again so did a reset and it was there again.
0 Likes
Solution
TheRealThomas
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I finally figured it out.  For some reason, if "Easy mode" is enabled under "Display" settings it removes the "Edge panels" option under "Edge screen".   To get the "Edge panels" option to show up I had to set "Easy mode" (under "Display") to Off.  

Thanks to everyone that tried to assist.